Are you looking to move to your next challenging role as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer, working in a continuous improvement environment, working with robots, industrial plant and other automated equipment?
Our client supplies metal cast components to the aerospace and power generation industries world wide. Immediate requirement for an electrically biased maintenance engineer to join their facility near Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Monday to Friday days / 3 shifts or continuous lates / nights are options.
- Apprentice trained as an Maintenance Engineer – Electrical bias (Essential)
- Qualified machine tool electrician to 17/18thedition. (Essential)
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Heavy manufacturing experience (Preferred)
- PLC controls experience -diagnose faults, repairs and programming experience (Preferred)
- Multi-Skilled experience working with Pneumatic and hydraulic systems (Preferred)
- Carry out frontline electrical / mechanical maintenance tasks based upon agreed priority’s while being proactive towards daily plant issues.
- To perform scheduled electrical maintenance tasks on plant and machinery (Adhere to PPM / TPM Schedules)
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies
- Effective handover to the next shift engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
Inspect, operate and test machinery & equipment to diagnose electrical problems. Ensuring Health and Safety is followed at all times
Plan and carry out repair work using diagrams drawings and repair manuals.
Check function, condition and serviceability of machinery and equipment to a predetermined schedule for Total Preventative Maintenance, Condition Monitoring, Planned Preventative Maintenance including but not limited to: Casting Furnaces, Large Hydraulic Robots, Electric Robots, Automated systems, Wax Injection Moulding Machines, Compressors, EDM, CNC milling machines, inspection equipment, lighting and component inspection plant and equipment.
Follow up actions to be performed will include replacement or repair of: electrical & electronic components, switches, proximity and limit switches, and machine safety guards.
This role offers excellent long term prospects, competitive salary + cash bonus scheme, pension and other benefits.