Lecturer – Multi-Trades
Multi Trades Lecturer / Instructor required in Gillingham / Maidstone, Kent.
Our client is a progressive student-centred college, one of the largest further education colleges in Kent, offering excellent career prospects and benefits.
They have an opportunity for an experienced, qualified and inspirational Multi-Trades Lecturer to join their construction trade skills delivery team. You will inspire and motivate students through outstanding teaching and learning that stretches and challenges students to be the best they can be.
This is full time (37 hours per week) covering Maidstone and Gillingham campuses.
- Level 3 / Advanced qualification in relevant construction subject
- Teaching qualification or studying towards one
- Previous experience of training others in the multi trades
- Substantial industry trade experience
- Enthusiastic team member who is flexible and willing to work under pressure
- Co-ordinate designated study programme delivery activities
- Day to day operational issues, exams and timetabling
- Enthusiastic about developing your students English, Maths and employability skills
The College offers many excellent benefits including access to competitive pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement and on-going professional development.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. Mid Kent College follows the DBS Code of Practice. As a proud user of the disability confident scheme the College is committed to equal opportunities and celebrates the diversity of staff and students. As part of our commitment to the scheme, they guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. They welcome applications from anyone wishing to work flexibly and those considering a return to work from a career break.
Curriculum Manager – Carpentry & Joinery
Curriculum Manager – Construction Carpentry & Joinery required for leading FE college in Maidstone / Gillingham, Kent.
Assist the Head of Department with the management and motivation of staff, supporting high quality teaching and learning, whilst assisting with performance management and quality related issues, including assisting with monitoring and delivery of individual, team, department and college MLPs and other college targets and priorities, creating and delivering effective study programmes and contributing to quality assurance and business planning as required, in order to ensure the effective day to day delivery of high quality, fit for purpose curriculum teams.
- Relevant teaching qualification
- L3 Carpentry qualification
- Experience of teaching Level 3 Construction and the Built Environment
- Qualified assessor and IQA experience
- Substantial trade experience
You should be passionate about your area of teaching and be enthusiastic about developing your students English, Maths and employability skills. All of this will be underpinned by regular target setting and progress monitoring to ensure that all students achieve successful outcomes.
This is a full time position for 37 hours per week.
Mid Kent College is an equal opportunities employer who value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this post. They welcome applications from anyone wishing to work flexibly and those considering a return to work from a career break.
Purchase Ledger Assistant
Opportunity for Purchase Ledger Assistant in Knaresborough, near Harrogate / Leeds, Yorkshire. To provide support to the Finance Manager in the completion of all Purchase Ledger activities within the business.
Our client is an expanding global environment improvement product business, supplying industry and retail markets. Their wide range of durable products are used from domestic to large infrastructure environments. The company employs c500 people across 15 sites in UK and Europe, with a t/o in excess of £150M.
Processing purchase invoices:
- Liaise with your colleagues to obtain approval for all invoices prior to processing.
- Process all purchase invoices into the accounting system.
- Maintain electronic filing system to a high standard
- Processing cash receipts onto customer accounts on a daily basis.
- Processing payments onto supplier accounts on a daily basis.
- Ensuring intercompany cash transactions are accounted for correctly.
- Reconciling all sterling and currency bank accounts on a daily basis.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with suppliers to become the primary point of contact for any purchase ledger queries.
- Take incoming phone calls from suppliers to discuss invoices and/or payment arrangements.
- Routinely request supplier statements to ensure all invoices have been processed.
- Purchase ledger experience gained within a fast paced working environment
- Able to work in a confident and professional manner
- Sound understanding of basic accounting techniques and double entry bookkeeping
- Ability to work productively and flexibly under pressure to meet tight deadlines, especially at month end
- Strong communication skills to work with colleagues and external parties regarding financial matter
- A self-starter who wishes to take ownership of the role and can suggest areas of development to create greater efficiencies within the role
- Experience of using SAP Business One would be valued, but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving and developing business, offering great career prospects.
UK Sales Manager Pro-Pest
UK Sales Manager with Pest control product experience required. Home based plus travel.
Technical Placements is proud to represent Pelsis, a brand led organisation, developing and acquiring brands which offer their global customer base, solutions to pest control problems. The current brand portfolio includes B&G Equipment, Pest-Stop, Insect-O-Cutor, Network, Synergetic, Green Protect, Edialux Home-Pet-Plant Protection, Edialux Professional, Curtis Dyna-Fog, Agrisense, Silvandersson, Luxan, Denka and P+L Systems Washroom.
The Professional Pest Control (Pro-Pest) market is one of the Pelsis Group’s core strategic channels. The UK Pro-Pest business is predominantly focused on the Edialux Professional, Insect-O-Cutor, Network and Agrisense brands with circa 1,500 active customers buying each year.
The UK Pro-Pest market is underpinned by a dedicated team who put customer service and technical support at the heart of the company’s activities.
Sales Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Ensuring territory turnover and margin targets are achieved on a monthly basis, driving new customer acquisition alongside improved retention and value generation of the established customer base.
- To drive profitable sales and business development.
- Implement and manage sales and margin targets.
- Take a proactive approach to developing sales and market share.
- Ensure adherence to pricing structures and strategies in line with Pelsis Group policies
- Face to face meetings with customers (where possible), understanding their product and service requirements to grow sales.
- Proactively identify new customer opportunities, developing these into profitable accounts
- Sell the full range of Pelsis products and brands.
- Assist customers with product enquiries and provide a route to technical advice.
- Produce monthly reports demonstrating the previous month’s results and forecasting sales for following month.
- Amend pricing in SAP for non-conforming orders (promotions etc.)
- Exhibition planning and organisation, includes preparation meetings, pre-build up/pack.
- Established sales manager, who enjoys delivering sales growth
- Substantial sales management experience, gained within the pest control sector is essential
- Extensive experience of building and communicating sales plans
- Passion and drive to deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and dynamic
- Experience of sales reporting, business analysis and data interpretation
- Strong commercial experience with proven track record of sales growth
- A full clean driving licence is essential.
Degree level education preferable but not essential
This is an exciting time to join this developing business, in a role that will help influence the future growth of the company.
Sessional Gas Heating & Plumbing Instructor
This is a unique opportunity for a qualified, experienced Gas Heating Engineer / Plumber with training experience, to become a Sessional Instructor at the long established and developing construction training college, The Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent.
1-2 weeks per 8 week period.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed Gas Heating Engineer to instruct military students in the Civilian Gas Heating trade. You will have strong communication skills, want to teach others, IT literate and prepared to extend your own skills and knowledge.
Teaching qualification is not essential.
Up to Date GAS qualifications to include;
MET 1 (optional)
Level 3 Qualification or equivalent in gas plumbing / heating / pipefitting.
Substantial trade experience relevant to Gas Plumbing and Heating.
Ability to motivate and encourage students, teaching gas plumbing / heating / pipefitting techniques to others (e.g. to apprentices, trainees etc).
Ability to use a computer for emails, basic reports etc.
Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation and requirements.
Ability to promote safeguarding and welfare of young people that s/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with.
Relevant professional qualification/membership.
Assessment Qualification (A1 or equivalent).
Quality Assurance Qualification (V1 or equivalent).
DTTT (Defence Train the Trainer) comprising Defence Instructional Techniques (DIT) or equivalent and 8 day Defence Train the Trainer Consolidation Course (DTTC).
MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer who value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this post.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
Quality Assurance Co-Ordinator
Process Quality Assurance Co-ordinator required for Chemical Process Manufacturing plant in Birmingham, West Midlands.
Global paper recycling and packaging manufacturer, with around 47,000 employees and over 370 production sites across 34 countries. The Company has a long standing focus on high and very consistent product quality and excellent service.
As an active member of the Services Department, you will be part of a professional and flexible team providing Technical Support to the Production Operation to produce a quality product in an efficient, safe and cost-effective way. Hands-on role, focussing on quality, process improvement and associated administration.
- Degree or equivalent in a technical subject – Chemical Engineering
- Previous experience in a technical engineering, process and quality driven role
- Computer literate especially MS Excel
- Continuous Improvement techniques
- Attention to detail, with ability to organise and prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and targets
- Able to analyse problems and action solutions
- Responds positively to the challenge of developing new systems of work to support a diverse team
- Manage Contractors and other staff, applying technical and supervisory skills to deliver a quality service
- Daily reporting of quality issues to the Production department
- Prepare and submit the monthly report of quality performance and statistics
- Responsible for the admin and maintenance of the Autoline and the QIS system, specification information updates
- Regular additional testing of stored samples, and ensure the correct out-turn samples are retained as defined by the Complaints Handling system
- Organise regular calibration of QC and Main Laboratory instruments
- Round robin testing, ensure results are submitted and corrective action taken
- Manage Customer Complaint handling, reporting and investigation through the CRM tool
- Liaise closely with the Services Manager, advising of any issues as they arise
- Evaluate the suitability of fibre source samples submitted by Recycling
- Oversee contractors ensuring that all work is completed safely and according to site rules
- Maintain and monitor the performance of relevant process instrumentation to support the Production Operation
- Assist with data analysis as required (e.g. machine trials)
- Provide absence cover for the Services Process Technician
- Support the contact and call-out rota, communicating availability
- Work in a cooperative manner with the Process Technicians and Process Engineer
- Liaise closely with colleagues in the Production and Engineering Departments on day to day developments that may affect runnability, quality and long term Mill efficiency/improvement projects
- Participate, communicate and feedback on any trial/development/CAPEX work to enhance the performance of the operation
- Follow health, safety and environmental processes.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Administrator, who will develop Invigilator skills, to join MKC Training, based at the prestigious Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent.
The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive administrative service with invigilation duties to a plumbing and heating trade training department.
- GCSE English and Maths (A-C grade)
- NVQ Level 5 or equivalent in relevant administration or IT subject (or similar desirable not essential)
- Significant experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and electronic databases.
- Experience of working in an administrative capacity, with strong organisational skills
- Invigilation experience (or similar) or experience of supervising students in a formal setting (desirable not essential).
- Working independently, following verbal instructions quickly and efficiently
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of anticipating requirements and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Excellent customer/relationship management skills
- Administration of the training course. This will include updating, creating and filing of portfolio and exam folders, updating centre documents with gas legislation, attending meetings and taking minutes, collating course evaluations and registers, arranging repro for precis and other documentation, and other general administrative duties.
- Liaising with awarding and other gas-relevant bodies, for instance with filing statistical returns, registering trainees on databases and collating unique learner numbers
- Liaising with department regarding student onboarding for instance, gaining and providing nominal rolls, registers and course evaluations
- Point of contact with trainers for first line queries
- Invigilating exams using standard protocols/guidelines, and marking exams using set templates
- Undertake other such duties as required by the Line Manager.
MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity in our people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this post.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
Indirect Procurement Manager
Excellent opportunity for Indirect Procurement Manager in Bornem, Belgium.
Our client is an expanding global environment improvement product business, supplying industry and retail markets. Their wide range of durable products (electrical and non-electrical), are used from domestic to large infrastructure environments. The company employs c500 people across 15 sites in UK and Europe, with a t/o in excess of £150M.
Leading Indirect Procurement across the Group, covering spend in Belgium, Holland, UK, Denmark and Sweden, the Indirect Procurement Manager has overall responsibility for maximising value and minimising spend on Indirects Procurement.
The role will actively manage projects to reduce cost with key group suppliers, delivering savings, achieving effective supply and establishing the optimum process for Indirects procurement.
Critical success factors include;
- Effective working across the group with a variety of budget holders
- Influencing, motivating and supporting colleagues to achieve joint goals.
- Creating an Indirect procurement plan across the Group to deliver tangible cost savings and benefits
- Delivering cost reduction by challenging suppliers, leveraging Group spend and by the implementation of effective procurement techniques
- Influencing budget holders and working with colleagues across the business who spend money with Indirect suppliers
- Focus on achieving value, supplier management and cost reduction.
- The major Indirects spend category is Freight. Establishing and managing the supplier plan for freight and transport within Europe and from the Far East will have the biggest impact upon total Indirects costs.
- Demonstrable track record of Indirects cost reduction and achieving tangible results from Supplier Management.
- Appreciation of / experience of working closely with Supply Chain and Operations in a Procurement role.
- Track record of working effectively in a multi-site international role.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, influencing and motivating colleagues across the business.
- Good communication skills. Able to articulate a procurement plan and establish support by identifying the benefits that colleagues will experience.
- Results and action oriented. A determined and can-do attitude.
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject
- Substantial indirect procurement experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving and developing business, in a role that will be pivotal in the operational development of the business.
Full Stack Developer / Software Engineer
Full Stack Developer / Software Engineer required near Ashford, Kent.
Salary – Excellent negotiable. Home / Office mix.
Well established, financially secure, developing business, which has built up an enviable reputation for innovation, quality and impeccable customer service supplying the worldwide gaming industry with high technology products and systems.
With the further growth of the business they are now looking for a Full Stack Developer / Software Engineer to join the R&D department to help develop the next generation of gaming technology.
- Experience in developing applications from concept to completion
- Practical experience in creating applications using mixed technologies
- Typescript, React, Redux, .Net Core 3.x (C#), GraphQL, SQL, identity server, ASP.Net core Identity, ASP.Net WebAPI, Microsoft Reporting Services and Azure.
- You will be interfacing your software to a range of hardware products so a practical knowledge of various communications methods is also essential – Serial, Ethernet networks, TCP, UDP etc…
- Multi operating system experience is important so you should have experience in developing platform independent applications. They are currently using Linux, Windows and Android.
They are a small friendly team based in the Kent countryside producing some market leading products used throughout the world.
If you meet the above requirements, please apply, or contact Tim Hill at Technical Placements for more details.
UK Technical Training Manager Pest Control
Pest Control UK Technical Training Manager required. Home Based + travel.
Our client is an expanding global environment improvement product business, supplying the pest control industry and retail markets. Their wide range of durable products are used from domestic to large infrastructure environments. The company employs c500 people across 15 sites in UK, US and Europe, with a t/o in of c€150M.
The Technical Training Manager will drive the development and implementation of the training strategy within the professional pest control distribution brand within the group.
Their objective is to become the number 1 professional pest control distribution company in the UK, educating and training customers is an essential ingredient.
The purpose of the role is to deliver the existing portfolio of training whilst creating an extended portfolio of training to compete with the competition. This will be made up of both chargeable and free of charge courses and consist of varying delivery mechanisms, specifically – face to face, remote and online.
Working closely with the key players within the brand, you will be responsible for all aspects of the development, organisation and delivery of the training of customers within the brand.
- Responsible for creating a market leading training offer designed to educate, inspire and inform customers on what it takes to provide an excellent pest control service.
- Development and maintenance of all professional pest programmes, training courses and associated materials.
- Work with the Area Sales Managers and Head of Pro-Pest Development to identify and design new industry training to strengthen our offer to the market.
- Managing the delivery of all external professional pest control training courses including all logistical and organisational needs.
- Sourcing and arranging relevant third party specialist trainers, where required.
- Targeted responsibility for training revenue and gross profit generated from external training courses.
- Ongoing analysis of our competitors’ training offers along with understanding training best practice from other industries.
- Work closely with Brand Manager to champion our training offer and ensure consistency with our brand objectives.
- Proven track record in pest control and be able to deliver advice and training to customers on a wide range of pest control issues
- Minimum of the RSPH Level 2 Award in Pest Control (or equivalent)
- Degree in Biology would be a distinct advantage.
- Motivated with excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Keen to learn and develop your own relevant skills and qualifications, ensuring that training materials are always imparting the important and relevant messages.
- Confident and capable presenter with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of accreditation and certification would be beneficia with the relative bodies e.g., RSPH, CRRU and CPD schemes (BPCA Registered, BASIS Prompt)
- Comfortable dealing with internal colleagues, at all levels, as well as external partners including customers, suppliers and industry and legislative bodies.
Travel will be necessary, allowing you to work closely with the Group offices in the UK and attend training events. A driving licence is required.
Tim has a very helpful and professional manner and we have negotiated highly competitive rates with Technical Placements.
If you are struggling to fill any vacancies with your usual agencies I can highly recommend that you give Tim the opportunity to work with you.” Jill Lewis