Test Process Technician with industrial testing experience required.
Our client is a global manufacturing and paper recycling company employing more that 45000 staff worldwide. Their processing plant based near Birmingham, West Midlands requires a Process Technician to support the Manufacturing Development Team.
Science based qualification to A Level equivalent
Previous industrial testing experience an advantage (e.g. water / chemicals)
Good organisational, communication and IT skills
Duties and Responsibilities – training will be provided for specific industry requirements:
- Testing, monitoring and reporting stock and water consistencies across a range or processes
- Take regular sheet samples to perform moisture dynamics
- Testing, monitoring and reporting starch plant conditions inculding solids and viscosities
- Ensure that Water and Effluent daily meter readings are taken and recorder
- To be responsible for maintenance, calibration and operation of the Effluent Sampler
- Inspect the effluent flume as required for compliance with MCerts, and to liaise with contract cleaner to enure effluent flume is cleaned regularly so that flow is not adversely affected
- Report the water and effluent efficiency on a monthly basis
- Assist with the water and effluent bill management to ensure accuracy
- Orfanise and manage the sampling regime, including samples such as composite effluent, storm water, skip moistures and prescribed substances
- Assist witih management of process rejects
- Oversee contractors in accordance with site rules
- Round robin testing
- Data analysis
- Report issues that may affect production
The position will provide a competitive salary and benefits package, with long term training and career development for the individual.