Opportunity for Utility Operators in north Birmingham. Permanent, excellent hourly rates, 12 hour shifts. Great benefits and career prospects with a large recycling company producing paper packaging for the food industry.
The Utility Operator will be an active member of the Production team, you will assist the smooth running in all areas of the production process in an efficient, safe, and cost-effective way.
Utility Operator essential requirements:
- Process control DCS, Siemens or similar.
- Fault finding and problem solving.
- Supporting a fast-paced production/manufacturing plant.
- Workplace Safety.
- Basic Lean manufacturing quality controls.
- Know how a simple control loop works.
- Maintain quality of work under pressure.
- Team work.
12-hour day and night shifts roster, as per shift roster:
- Winter roster 2 mornings, 2 days off, 2 nights, 4 days off,
- Summer roster 2 mornings, 2 nights, 4 days off
- x 3 18 days periods off per year
- Maintain and develop a fully transferable skills set (as specified in the training manual) to be able to assist in all functions of the process
- To liaise with your production team colleagues to be available where required
- Use the process control computers to monitor and problem solve the operation
- Liaising with the production team in respect of production plan
- Reporting and liaising with the production team leader in respect of production operation, problems, efficiencies, and safety
- Be actively involved with informative shift handovers with your colleagues to ensure issues are communicated and understood
- In the event of machine failure use process knowledge, skill, and documented procedures to ensure work is carried out in a safe and controlled manner
- During maintenance, breakdowns, or blockages, assisting maintenance personnel in working towards getting plant and machinery back into operation as quickly and safely as possible
- To use your skills and knowledge to assist your production team colleagues during operations, paper breaks and machine shuts to maximise process efficiencies and uptime.
- Adopting any changes in operating procedures and equipment that are necessary to ensure the smooth running of the plant and equipment under your control.
- To monitor, replenish and change when required production consumables in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensuring good housekeeping is maintained throughout the whole working area
- Actively participate, communicate, and feedback on any trial/development/CAPEX work to enhance the performance of the operation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.