Town Planner required in the Maidstone, Chatham Kent Area.
Our client was established in 1993 and is a market leader in the provisions of Town Planning services to the Telecoms Industry (Mobile and Broadband).
Their primary business sector is the telecoms industry, however they have also undertaken general planning work in other industries.
The core business is the acquisition, design and construction of sites for telecoms Operators. As part of this work, there is a need to advise on Town and Country Planning related matters.
We currently have a vacancy for a Town Planner to submit Planning Applications, General Permitted Development Applications, Planning Appeals and to negotiate leases and licenses. Consequently, an understanding of the planning legislation and development management procedures is important. Excellent written and verbal skills are also important as is liaising with clients.
Relevant Town Planning degree / equivalent or training
Experience of submitting planning and related applications
Full Driving Licence and confident to drive to sites and meetings
Understanding of appeal process, including experience of submitting written representation appeals
Attention to detail and good report writing skills
Experience of dealing with clients on a regular basis
Desirable – MRTPI and RICS, Telecoms, Negotiation skills.
Day to day work will involve:
- Providing clients with accurate and relevant planning advice
- Submission of full planning applications, GPDO applications and notifications
- Appeal assessments and submissions
- Liaison with colleagues and project management
- Negotiation of site acquisition leases and licenses
- Pre-application consultations
- Management of applications and appeals
- Reporting to clients via phone/email/meetings/weekly reports
- Liaison with Local Planning Authorities
This is a great opportunity to join a developing telecoms business with excellent career prospects.