Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental HSE / SHEQ Assistant required for a large manufacturing company based near Maidstone, Kent.
Our client is part of a global recycling manufacturing group, employing over 47000 staff globally. They require an SHEQ Assistant to assist the Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Manager with the efficient running of the department and in meeting health, safety, environmental and ISO 9001 compliance requirements, based at their Kent site.
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification (or working towards one)
- Good general level of education
- Previous experience of working in a HSE focused industrial or manufacturing environment
- Strong organisational, communication, administration and IT skills
The HSE Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Record off-Site waste transfers, verify information to ensure transfer is correctly described and meets Duty of Care
- Record operational environmental data as necessary for the internal compliance and permit obligations, interpret trends
- Liaise with external parties and contractors as required
- Prepare internal and external reports
- Monitor FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) compliance
- Prepare presentation and attend Departmental HS&E Meetings
- Deliver training as requested
- Carry out internal and external audits and inspections as requested
- Update electronic boards monthly
- Maintain and develop safety campaigns
- Update Intelex and the IMS (Integrated Management systems) documents as necessary
- Partake in accident/incident investigation
- Assist in developing HS&E representatives
- Identify ways to improve site HS & E performance
- Respond to queries and provide advice for SHEQ matters
- Assist with the creating, development and trial of policies, procedures, guidance, and assessments
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the health, safety and environmental requirements of a fantastic business, offering excellent career prospects and a strong future.