Rare opportunity to become a Senior Lecturer in Building Services at the highly respected military training organisation, MKC Training embedded withing The Royal School of Military Engineering, Chatham, Kent.
You will teach Royal Engineer army students undertaking their training up to MSc level.
- Post Graduate qualification in Building Services Engineering or similar, relevant, engineering discipline
- Teaching qualification or a commitment to achieve a recognised Level 7 qualification e.g. PGCHE within 2 years of contract commencement
- Chartered Engineer or willing to work towards professional registration in an agreed timeframe
- Demonstrable involvement in Building Services Engineering at Senior Engineer or management level – Desirable.
- Membership of a recognised Higher Education teaching body – Desirable
- Playing or have played an active role in any Professional Engineering Institution as a volunteer or committee member – Desirable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Module lead, both delivery and assessment, for Mechanical Building Services and Electrical Building services module as delivered on the MSc in Military Construction Engineering (E&M).
- Develop and improve lesson content and assessment in context with current and advancing industry practice for relevant modules including the use of BIM tools/ CAE.
- Share teaching responsibilities with other Senior Lecturers across modules where appropriate.
- Assess and provide timely feedback on student submissions in line with the Quality Assurance requirements of the RSME and Cranfield University.
- Act as a professional mentor for Students on attachment, in order to guide them towards Chartered Engineer registration.
- Act as Supervisor and Second Marker for Student Thesis submissions.
- Advise and assist in other courses throughout the RSME including the provision of teaching support commensurate with the role of Senior Lecturer.
- Develop and implement curriculum teaching materials, including on the ELE and the management of all associated administration relevant to the needs of the students, including quality assurance of course materials in collaboration with Divisional Manager.
Training required in post:
Attend a ASLS Defence Train the Trainer course.
Mandatory training e.g. Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Data Protection to ensure legislative compliance
Attend appropriate training courses as new methods of work are adopted.
Full job description available on request.
Salary – £52K + Excellent Benefits and Training.
Benefits include 30 days’ holidays (plus Bank hols), Contributory Pension, Healthcare etc.
Core working hours Mon – Thurs, 8-4.30; Friday 8 – 4.
MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.