Senior Engineering Planner wit SAP experience required in north Birmingham. This is a rare opportunity to manage the maintenance planning function of a heavy process plant in Birmingham, part of a global sustainable manufacturing and recycling company employing more that 48000 staff worldwide. Permanent, Monday to Friday, Excellent salary and benefits.
Managing a small team, the Senior Planner will have Supervisory responsibilities for site maintenance planning in respect of providing a cost effective, reliability centred, predictive and preventative maintenance work order system. This will incorporate maintenance plans, appropriate and timely scheduling, creation and use of Bills of Materials (BOMs) and the coordination and direction of labour and resources to aid with the management of the site wide maintenance programme.
Senior Planner person requirements:
- NVQ Level 3 minimum In engineering discipline
- Experience of working within an engineering / process environment
- Understanding contractor management, and safe systems of work (Permits etc)
- Proven experience in managing shuts with up to 250 contractors
- Worked with systems such as SAP and other planning tools to aid the planning process
- Proven experience implementing change and delivering through others
- Plan, organise and assist coordination for all maintenance shuts, establishing best engineering practices to optimise available resources and minimising shut durations.
- Understand and maximise SAP as a Computerised Maintenance Management System tool to coordinate and control the function of the engineering department’s maintenance activities across the site.
- Using SAP PM to provide structured maintenance plans for production operators to complete basic maintenance tasks creating an audit trail of work undertaken.
- Work closely with Engineering Maintenance, Engineering reliability and Operations Supervisors, to provide a schedule of workload for Mutiskilled shift Technicians to maintain and improve the reliability of assets.
- Review SAP Plant Maintenance modules to ensure they cover all aspects of best predictive/preventative maintenance strategies.
- To be the site expert for SAP PM (Super-user) including undertaking any necessary work in order to maintain and update the system ensuring other personnel are trained to use the functions of SAP PM in order retrieve information and accurately update.
- In conjunction with the Reliability Engineer and Reliability Engineering Supervisor critique equipment performance and generate statistical reports that identify poor performing equipment and modify maintenance plans as necessary to improve reliability and machine uptimes.
- Liaise with production, services and central functions, to ensure that routine maintenance is properly planned and job requests are executed and costed efficiently.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Engineer and his Engineering Supervisors ensure any equipment removed from the plant to be repaired in-house is coordinated through the 7 day plan, Work Orders allocated to the repair of each item and appropriate cost captured through SAP.
- Maintain control of accurate records and documentation for all papermaking and auxiliary plant including Insurance Records for lifting equipment and Pressurised Systems completed permit to work documents.
- Planning section will be the central location and responsible for the storing of, and access to all original equipment manuals, updates and relevant documentation for the entire production element of site operations.
- Engineering Planner will be instrumental with the creation and updating of the equipment functional location structure. This will include being involved with criticality assessments, updating of equipment information and data and allocation of Bills of Materials and spare parts required.
- Act as site contact for contract labour. Coordinate specialist contractors to ensure safe and controlled activities are completed on site and to the quality of engineering standards expected ensuring contract personnel are inducted providing relevant permit(s) for work undertaken.
- To supervise and control the activities of the Engineering Planning Assistant and the Engineering Planning Admin co-ordinating training as and when appropriate.
- To ensure that all equipment is maintained to a high standard in order to avoid a loss of production.
The position will provide an excellent salary and benefits package, with great long term prospects commensurate with a large recycling group.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.