Robot Programmer required for precision engineering manufacturing company based near Leeds, West Yorkshire.
The company is part of a global manufacturing group, supplying components to the power generation and aerospace industries. Due to some large automation / mechatronics investment, this exciting new role will provide programming to a wide range of current and future robotic equipment. The person will also be part of the team responsible for identifying and assessing additional equipment in the future.
- 2 years previous experience in programming of industrial robots, preferably Kawasaki, however training will be given.
- Able to use CAD/CAM systems to produce robot programs.
- Background in mechatronics / industrial automation / IT programming / CNC programming
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office suite.
- Able to document and control change allowing full traceability.
- Good understanding of requirements for fixed process control.
- Able to produce clear written procedures for operators to follow.
- Good communicator/team worker with ability to listen and work to requirements of the area departments.
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements for robot systems.
- Minimum education should be good completed apprenticeship in engineering background with relevant qualifications at Gcse level.
- An insatiable hunger to improve the business through maximising the use of our industrial robots at all levels.
- Able to see opportunities communicate and justify new projects for future mechatronic projects.
- Must have positive enthusiastic attitude with ability to adapt to the changing requirements of the business.
38 core hours per week
Mon/Tuesday 7.30am to 16.30pm
Wed/Thurs 7.30am to 16.15pm
Fri 7.30am to 12.00 noon
Salary – £30K plus quarterly bonus scheme – averaging 8/10% of salary
Pension contributions matched up to 7.5% of salary
Holidays – 25 days + 8 statutory holidays