Process Quality Assurance Co-ordinator required for Chemical Process Manufacturing plant in Birmingham, West Midlands.
Global paper recycling and packaging manufacturer, with around 47,000 employees and over 370 production sites across 34 countries. The Company has a long standing focus on high and very consistent product quality and excellent service.
As an active member of the Services Department, you will be part of a professional and flexible team providing Technical Support to the Production Operation to produce a quality product in an efficient, safe and cost-effective way. Hands-on role, focussing on quality, process improvement and associated administration.
- Degree or equivalent in a technical subject – Chemical Engineering
- Previous experience in a technical engineering, process and quality driven role
- Computer literate especially MS Excel
- Continuous Improvement techniques
- Attention to detail, with ability to organise and prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and targets
- Able to analyse problems and action solutions
- Responds positively to the challenge of developing new systems of work to support a diverse team
- Manage Contractors and other staff, applying technical and supervisory skills to deliver a quality service
- Daily reporting of quality issues to the Production department
- Prepare and submit the monthly report of quality performance and statistics
- Responsible for the admin and maintenance of the Autoline and the QIS system, specification information updates
- Regular additional testing of stored samples, and ensure the correct out-turn samples are retained as defined by the Complaints Handling system
- Organise regular calibration of QC and Main Laboratory instruments
- Round robin testing, ensure results are submitted and corrective action taken
- Manage Customer Complaint handling, reporting and investigation through the CRM tool
- Liaise closely with the Services Manager, advising of any issues as they arise
- Evaluate the suitability of fibre source samples submitted by Recycling
- Oversee contractors ensuring that all work is completed safely and according to site rules
- Maintain and monitor the performance of relevant process instrumentation to support the Production Operation
- Assist with data analysis as required (e.g. machine trials)
- Provide absence cover for the Services Process Technician
- Support the contact and call-out rota, communicating availability
- Work in a cooperative manner with the Process Technicians and Process Engineer
- Liaise closely with colleagues in the Production and Engineering Departments on day to day developments that may affect runnability, quality and long term Mill efficiency/improvement projects
- Participate, communicate and feedback on any trial/development/CAPEX work to enhance the performance of the operation
- Follow health, safety and environmental processes.