Purchasing Manager with Senior Buying experience required in Bornem, Belgium.
Our client is a global manufacturer and distributor of environment improvement and hygiene products, who due to business growth, requires a Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer based at their Bornem site, looking after Benelux activities.
Reporting to senior Supply Chain Management, the Purchasing Manager will manage suppliers and a purchasing team to achieve department objectives.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Supply chain management background with strong understanding of procurement, warehousing and distribution
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Demonstrable track record of cost reduction
- Ability to manipulate and interpret data
- Advanced level of Excel
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP an advantage
- Leadership skills – lead the team and inspire confidence and effectively represent the function at senior levels internally and externally
- CIPS qualification an advantage
Responsibilities will include:
- Internal / external customer service levels
- Design and deploy a Supplier strategy for the top suppliers
- Improve supplier QCD performance
- De-risk business by reducing/removing risk from supply chain
- Agree a plan to achieve significant improvements in supplier performance
- Build total market knowledge of respective categories
- Negotiate long term service agreements with top suppliers, across the group
- Negotiate stock holding levels at suppliers in conjunction with sales and planning teams
- Set target service levels
- Improve and maintain supply chain performance KPIs
- Accountable for Cost Reduction activity and deploy various tools to drive cost reduction
- Liaise with colleagues within the Group Procurement network to maximize ideas for delivering cost reduction
- Procurement category lead for NPI
- Design, develop and implement actions to mitigate risks as well as maximizing the financial performance of projects
- Ensure all key suppliers are correctly assessed and are fully capable of providing the required service
This is an excellent opportunity to join a developing and growing business, offering excellent working conditions, salary and career prospects.