Rare opportunity to become a Process / Production Operator at a heavy manufacturing / recycling mill near Maidstone.
Excellent salary and benefits, 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts, days and nights.
Production Operator requirements:
- Essential – 5 GCSE A*-C (or equivalent) to include maths and English
- Mechanical aptitiude
- Job entails bending, walking, lifting, and climbing throughout the shift
- Good Written and communication skills for using computers
- Manufacturing experience
- Willing and able to qualify to safely operate forklifts, lift trucks, and other motorized equipment
Working as part of a 3 man team within a larger 5 shift team, the Production Operator will control stock preparation and water treatment equipment to safely produce stock of the right quantity, quality and lowest cost to the paper machine, while ensuring adherence to our site operating permit, internal policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control the stock preparation process from the recovered fibre yard to machine to ensure the machine is supplied with stock of the correct quantity, quality and at to lowest cost. Key drivers for cost control being fibre, chemical, water and energy consumption though this should not be regarded as an exhaustive list.
- Monitor and control the effluent plant and water treatment processes to ensure adherence to our site operating permit.
- Monitor the health of plant, equipment and processes using all available systems and technology to identify problems at an early stage and to work in conjunction with Shift and day colleagues to rectify faults.
- To lead, control or oversee teams during both planned and unplanned maintenance stops having effectively planned and organised their workloads in conjunction with either shift or day support.
- Carry out Compliance testing to ensure adherence to site operating permit.
- Loading the waste conveyor with baled and loose waste using clamp and shovel trucks.
- Emergency out of hours unloading of baled waste from trailers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.