Excellent opportunity for Product Quality Engineer near Harrogate, Leeds, Yorkshire.
Our client is a developing global environment improvement product business, supplying industry and retail markets. Their wide range of durable products, are used from domestic to large infrastructure environments. The company employs 400+ people across multiple sites, with a t/o in excess of £100M and is growing.
Working in a small dedicated team, and reporting to the Head of NPD, the Product Quality Engineer will ensure all products conform to agreed quality and specification standards and meet company and customer performance expectations.
Nature and Scope:
- To develop appropriate mechanisms and communicate agreed product quality and specification expectations of new products launches, both internally and to external partners.
- Responsible for the control of product quality, in-line with agreed specifications and broader market requirements, across the life cycle of the product.
The key challenges of this position include:
- Establishing product quality and specification requirements for entire product range and communicating these expectations throughout supply chain model.
- The creation of product quality performance measures to monitor both incoming product non-conformances and external product failures, resolving product non-conformance where required.
- Continually reviewing changes in global product and manufacture process legislation and their impact upon the business.
- Lead quality problem solving activity for issues that range from product problems through to service quality.
- Ensure that evolving multi brand product portfolio conforms to agreed quality and specification expectations.
- Efficiently manage the resolution of product non-conformances as required, working to implement corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensure our product specification and business processes conform to the demands of all relevant global legislation.
- Graduate calibre capable of utilising modern problem-solving techniques i.e. 8D, FMEA, 5 Whys etc.
- Understanding of global legislation including CE marking, UL Listing, RoHS, REACH and WEEE
- Disciplined, methodical, analytical and detailed approach to both maintenance of existing and implementation of new technical control mechanisms
- Strong conviction in their working practice to coordinate the adherence to technical control processes both throughout the business and across external manufacturing partners.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving and developing business, in a role that will be influential to the successful development of the business.