Immediate requirement for a Product Data Technician in Knaresborough, near Leeds / Harrogate, Yorkshire.
Competitive salary, great benefits and job prospects.
Our client is a global business who supply environment improvement products to the domestic and industrial markets. They have 15 sites in the UK and Europe, employ over 500 staff with a turnover of £150M+.
New Business acquisitions have led to the company having an increasingly large and diverse range of global products which in turn have a range of differing documentation needs. The creation of this role is to assist the business in efficiently managing data and documentation of new and existing products.
Reporting to the Head of NPDI & Technical (UK) and as a key member of the UK technical team, this new role or Product Data Technician will be focused on all aspects of product data and documentation across a diverse range of electrical, mechanical and certain chemical products.
The Product Data Technician is responsible for appropriate and accurate management of documents and data to ensure complete records are held for all products. The role will involve collating data and documents and setting up structures for new products as well as existing ones including the administration of product changes.
The purpose of the role is to support the business with accurate product data and documentation. The role includes:
- Maintenance of live product technical documentation
- Administration of product change lifecycle
- Support new product introductions through development of product structures, documents and data entry.
- Support the development of new systems/templates around data and document management.
- Ability to act as the liaison between technical, marketing, purchasing and operations teams as needed to ensure system readiness throughout product lifecycle.
- Regular reporting on current documentation status
- Higher education.
- 5+ years of work experience including an industrial or operations setting.
- Self-motivated, energetic, determined and dynamic
- Organised and detail oriented with excellent planning skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, delivering on time whilst also responding to ad-hoc opportunities.
- Capability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Process oriented.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams across the Group.
- Competent user of MS Office applications
- MRP/ERP Systems experience (user)
- Experience in a technical/manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with product compliance (CE) or quality.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an important member of the product team of this developing business.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.