Specialist industrial manufacturing company in Kent requires an experienced Process Technologist, with an emphasis on Water & Effluent systems. Excellent career opportunity within a high investment organisation, part of a global group.
The Water & Effluent Process Technologist will;
- Become the site specialist for all activities related to water and effluent and in doing so keep the site at the forefront of related technologies
- Be accountable for Safety and Environmental performance of the water and effluent systems
- Oversee the day to day activities relating to incoming water and effluent treatment, ordering of appropriate chemicals and maintenance
- Work closely with the Production Superintendents and Shift Managers to ensure quality, cost control and site compliance
- Working closely with the Production Superintendents and Shift Managers to ensure quality, cost control and site compliance.
- Experience in water treatment, Anaerobic and Aerobic digesters and operating within consent limits in association with the Environment Agency
- Relevant technical qualification
Hours Monday – Friday 8 – 4.30
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Ensure incoming water and effluent treatment plant operates effectively and safely in support of plant operations
- Carry out monitoring and control of all aspects of incoming water and effluent treatment, ensuring plant operates at optimal cost whilst remaining within statutory compliance
- Manage related chemical stocks, re-ordering as required whilst maintaining agreed stock storage controls
- Plan, organise and conduct trials to improve operation and support production trials as required
- Monitor, report, analyse and take action on the water treatment processes to ensure site permit conditions for water discharge is maintained whilst optimising gas production for power generation
- Make recommendations to improve site operation, safety and efficiency
- Develop skills and knowledge to support / cover fibre and chemicals
- When requested, to be available for meetings/projects/working away from site, for short periods of time, which may include overnight trips
- Carry out additional education and training for machine operators, as deemed necessary, as a result of new equipment and changes in technology
- Deputise for the Manufacturing Development Manager in his absence
- Provide on call assistance on a rota basis
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.