Process Engineer required for large manufacturing company based near Maidstone, Kent.
This role would suit a Graduate in Chemical Engineering, or related technical degree (or equivalent), with process improvement experience gained from industry.
The Process Engineer will participate in the ongoing process improvement program, monitor the process and assist in troubleshooting and problem solving. When requested to lead specific projects and analysis as per the needs of the factory.
- Degree in Technical Subject (e.g. Chemical Engineering, Process / Mechanical Engineering etc)
- Happy to take on further industry training
- Experience in a process driven environment
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques – Lean, 6 Sigma etc
- Computer and process systems literate
- Conduct and deliver regular reviews as to the current status of individual projects
- Ensure resources (internal & external) are assigned to complete projects in a timely manner
- During shuts to assist the team with tasks, analysis and corrective actions as required
- Assist in the deployment of Lean techniques throughout the site in all departments
- Organise and co-ordinate status meetings to an agreed frequency
- Actively seek ways to maximise process efficiency
- Ensure that all associated administration is fully completed and filed in the correct locations/departments
- Participate in ensuring that relevant training and development programmes are established for the success of the LEAN tools to be implemented
- Identify Mechanical/Electrical/Production constraints and bring them to the attention of the Engineering/Operations Manager
- Liaise closely with colleagues in the Quality/Technical, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation and Production Departments on site efficiency/improvement projects.
- Liaise closely with the Works Mechanical/Electrical Engineer and Production Superintendents, discussing any issues as they arise.
- Undertake projects of improvement, extension or modification or equipment in order to optimise efficiency, reliability and safety.