NDT Technician’s with Penetrant Flaw Detection PFD experience required for large aerospace manufacturing company based in Consett, County Durham.
The company employs 600 staff across 6 sites, making structural components for large aircrafts.
12 hour shifts days and nights, 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday – candidates must be flexible to accept possible future shift changes.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- NDT Level 2 Technician
- Previous experience in PFD
- Able to competently use Microsoft packages and ERP systems
The main duties / key tasks involve:
- Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment
- Conduct non-destructive tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection
- Work to established techniques and SOP’s for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
- Organise and report test results
- Produce end of shift reports
- Perform specialised inspections when required
- Work closely with Quality and Production to deliver business objectives
This is a great opportunity to join a developing company that can offer excellent career prospects.