Mechanical Maintenance Fitter required for large process recycling / manufacturing company based in Birmingham – Day shift. This mill forms part of the operation of a global sustainable packaging company.
The Mechanical Technician will join a multi-skilled maintenance team, working on mechanical breakdowns and planned maintenance across the site.
Monday to Friday days (8.00 – 4.30) plus call out rota (1 week in 7). Excellent salary, overtime and other benefits.
- Repair, overhaul and attend breakdown situations, all within a continuous operating plant.
- Assisting the engineering maintenance team leader to identify future maintenance requirements.
- Proven background in the maintenance and repair of heavy industrial process equipment to include, pumps, gearboxes, and conveyors.
- Proficient in hydraulics, together with the ability to read schematic drawings and fault find.
- Knowledge of mounting and dismounting of large bearings.
- The ability to fabricate and TIG weld in stainless steel.
- Mechanical experience gained within a process manufacturing industry.
- Recognised apprenticeship in a mechanical discipline to ONC or equivalent.
- Proactive and consider problems as a challenge.
- Strong commitment to Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety standards is essential.
* Steam Systems
* Mechanical Seal Fitting
* FLT Licence
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly professional heavy engineeing manufacturing organisation, with great benefits, training and career prospects.