Rare opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician / Engineer to join a large recycling / manufacturing site, part of a global network employing over 45000 staff, which has recently enjoyed multi-million pound investment at it’s manufacturing facility near Maidstone Kent.
The position offers an excellent salary and benefits package, working days (8.00 – 4.30), with superb long term prospects.
Working under the Maintenance leg of the engineering department structure with the focus on reliability and preventative maintenance.
The Mechanical Technician will carry out maintenance activities on the paper machine, winder, stock prep plant, effluent treatment areas and all site services.
This mechanical maintenance position requires a response to breakdowns that have an immediate effect on plant safety, environmental release or plant performance and the individual must work quickly towards the resolution of any immediate problems.
Objectives will be;
– regular preventative maintenance routines
– scheduled maintenance tasks
– repair of non-critical spare parts
– responding to any breakdowns and corrective action.
Person requirements for Mechanical Technician
- Experienced in manufacturing maintenance, ideally skilled in paper manufacturing equipment (or similar) such as pumps, gearboxes, fans, conveyors , hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering. A relevant ONC/HNC qualification desirable.
- A ‘Hands-on’ individual, with a positive, ‘can-do’ approach to your work and enthusiasm to support the operations teams