Maintenance Technician required in Pontypridd, near Cardiff, South Wales.
This manufacturing facility makes products to the environment sustainability industry, and is part of a larger group.
Hours of work 38 hours per week 8-4.30 Mon-Thurs and 7-12 Friday + overtime, some shift cover.
To carry out maintenance activates to equipment, site processes and services. Complies to all H&S requirements and benefits the company performance in the areas of Quality, Cost and Delivery. Actively support continuous improvement and safety activities.
- Time served apprenticeship with practical experience (substantial post completion of apprenticeship) in a manufacturing environment packaging / FMCG / automotive.
- Knowledge / experience of mechanical / electrical PLC & Pneumatic systems
- Minimum C&G craft qualification – mechanical or mechanical / electrical
- Lean manufacturing / Continuous improvement
- PC literate
- PLC & Pneumatics control experience
- Good standard of written English & Math’s
- Good communication skill & attitude
- Practical approach to modern problem solving tools and techniques
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide and oversee maintenance / repair of the sites processes, services & equipment for production and management needs
- Support the production team in the changing over and set up of all machinery
- Support the production team in the application of TPM & PPM activities
- Ensure all paperwork completed in line with the maintenance process / system is accurate & legible
- Positively support & drive continuous improvement culture through the production areas
- Support Risk Assessments & all H&S improvement activities
- Assist with the installation of new plant / process installation
- Be responsive to support production needs for maintenance & breakdown repair
- Support & carry out operator training as required
- Support & follow the maintenance spares system / stores
- Sharing experience, best practice, relaying all relevant knowledge & information with colleagues
- Ensure PPE is maintained & used as prescribed
- Be flexible in approach to work to support the production needs, be able to work shift & cover over time when required.
- Any other duties as required by the Facilities Manager
This is a great opportunity to join a developing business, and work in a friendly, professional environment.