Our client is a large pharmaceutical process plant, employing up to 1000 staff at it’s facility in Elstree, Hertfordshire.
They require a LIMS officer for the following;
- Effectively manage the operation and use of the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) to ensure an efficient, reliable and GMP compliant system is available at all times.
- Become the subject matter expert in LIMS within the company; to advise and inform management of all matters pertaining to LIMS upgrades, validation, operation and use.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in the Control Laboratory and across the site to ensure that the organisation’s requirements for the LIMS system are adequately met.
- Oversee the interaction of users, equipment and company quality systems where their impact is within scope of the LIMS.
- Day to day system management
- Management Information
- System Upgrades
- Data and system Integrity
- Advice / Training
- 2 years Laboratory experience
- 2 years LIMS (LabVantage or Sapphire experience i.e. supporting / changing LIMS as their main role
- Knowledge of GMP/GLP
- HNC/HND/BTEC/Degree in Science
- Intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to tailor communication to the audience and explain complex information clearly
- Presentation skills
- Able to prioritise and organise day to day and project work to meet interim and final deadlines
- Ability to train others
- Experienced LIMS user (LabVantage or Sapphire)
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team or work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to influence other employees who do not report to the jobholder
- Report writing skills (Jasper or Oracle) SQL
- Considerable laboratory experience including use of LIMS applications
If you meet the above, and would like to know more, please apply, or contact Tim Hill at Technical Placements.
Full job description available on request.