This is a unique opportunity to join MKC Training Ltd delivering engineering training at the Royal School of Military Engineering. Training is centred upon the historic and world famous RSME at Brompton near Chatham, Kent.
We are seeking to appoint a lecturer to join the Professional Engineering Wing (PEW) teaching primarily electronics and controls across a spectrum of courses, mainly at foundation degree level. Opportunities would also exist to teach both Engineering Mathematics and ICT at a basic level.
The post has responsibility for teaching controls within the field of building services engineering. Subjects taught include:
- Control theory
- System modelling
- Application of controls to include programming of controllers, touch screen interfaces and building management systems
- Electronic components and circuits within the context of controls
The successful applicant will be committed to teaching within a modern learning environment and making full use of the technologies and methods available. With small class sizes there is plenty of opportunity to develop a student centred and problem based learning environment.
- First degree in relevant subject area
- Teaching qualification or commitment to achieve recognised Level 5+ qualification e.g. DTLLS / PGCE / PGCHE within 3 years of contract commencement
- Experience in teaching the relevant subject area, or clear demonstration of a strong potential to be able to teach the subjects during the interview process.
- Experience of programming PLCs and HMIs
- IFL or HEA Membership
- Relevant professional qualification/membership
- Experience of content development using Moodle
- Ability to teach engineering mathematics
- Ability to teach MS office applications in an engineering context
MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer who value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this post.