Lecturer / Instructor in Carpentry and Joinery required in Gillingham / Maidstone, Kent. Full or Part time considered.
Our client is a progressive student-centred college, one of the largest further education colleges in Kent, offering excellent career prospects and benefits.
They have an opportunity for an experienced, qualified and inspirational Carpentry and Joinery Lecturer to join their construction trade skills delivery team. You will inspire and motivate students through outstanding teaching and learning that stretches and challenges students to be the best they can be.
Teaching qualification is not essential, as this will be supported to candidates who meet the requirements and are happy to study towards one.
This is full time (37 hours per week) or part time (18.5 hours per week) covering Maidstone and Gillingham campuses.
- Level 3 / Advanced Carpentry and Joinery qualification
- Previous experience of training others in the carpentry and joinery trade
- Substantial industry trade experience
- Enthusiastic team member who is flexible and willing to work under pressure
- Co-ordinate designated study programme delivery activities
- Day to day operational issues, exams and timetabling
- Enthusiastic about developing your students English, Maths and employability skills
The College offers many excellent benefits including access to competitive pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement and on-going professional development.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. Mid Kent College follows the DBS Code of Practice. As a proud user of the disability confident scheme the College is committed to equal opportunities and celebrates the diversity of staff and students. As part of our commitment to the scheme, they guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. They welcome applications from anyone wishing to work flexibly and those considering a return to work from a career break.