We are proud to represent MKC Training, a prestigious training organisation, currently recruiting for a Building Services Lecturer within the Professional Engineer Wing (PEW) at their site in Chatham, Kent.
MKC Training have a long and highly successful partnership contract with the Royal School of Military Engineering, providing a wide range of training.
They have a rare opportunity for a Building Services Lecturer to join their team. The post holder will provide subject expertise within a small multidisciplinary teaching team with a focus on electrical and mechanical building services to enhance current teaching reflecting engineering practices.
Lecturer candidate requirements:
- Post Graduate qualification (or working towards) in Building Services Engineering or similar, relevant, engineering discipline
- Teaching qualification or a commitment to achieve a recognised Level 7 qualification e.g. PGCHE within 3 years of contract commencement
- Chartered Engineer or willing to work towards professional registration in an agreed timeframe
- Demonstrable involvement in Building Services Engineering at Senior Engineer or management level
- Membership of a recognised Higher Education teaching body
- Playing or have played an active role in any Professional Engineering Institution as a volunteer or committee member
- Have previously worked within Defence to deliver engineering excellence
Note: All post holders will be expected to complete and pass the following courses if they have not previously attended these courses:
- Attend and pass an Army Staff Leadership School (ASLS) course.
- Attend and pass a Defence Instructional Techniques course.
- Gain and retain Cranfield University Recognised Teacher Status.
Essential experience and Knowledge.
- Experience in teaching the relevant subject area or have demonstrated that they have the strong potential to be able to teach their subject during interview.
- Ability to motivate and encourage students.
- External trade experience relevant to the subject area.
- Knowledge & experience of e-learning and e-assessment tools, or the willingness to engage with and develop these forms of learning.
- Knowledge & experience of quality assurance & improvement.
- Knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation & requirements or acquire this knowledge promptly after taking up post.
MKC Training are passionate about the success they deliver to their learners and their core values are:
- Commitment to learner success
- Investment in People
- Collaboration through partnership to achieve shared goals
- Innovation to prepare for tomorrow
Competitive salary and excellent benefits that include: 6 weeks holidays (plus bank hols), contributory pension, private healthcare, on-site gym / sports equipment, sick pay, cycle to work and on-going professional development.
MKC Training is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. Candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, faith or belief, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or age.
All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.