Rare opportunity to become a Lecturer in Building Services Engineering HVAC at a highly respected military training organisation, MKC Training based at The Royal School of Military Engineering, Chatham, Kent.
The successful applicant will be capable of routinely designing and delivering modules which contribute to the equivalent of BEng (Hons) undergraduate level programmes (up to NQF Level 6), with occasional cover for senior colleagues on MSc postgraduate programmes (up to NQF Level 7).
CEng level (or at IEng level pursuing CEng) with a relevant institution, holding industrial experience of engineering in the fields being taught.
Teaching qualifications are not essential for applicants, since opportunities will be provided, but a commitment to maintaining competence in evolving trends for higher education and comfort with evolving technology enhanced learning environments are essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing subject matter expertise in specific areas of building services engineering (HVAC), for a defence programme mapped to a BEng (Hons) in mechanical and building services engineering: climatology; thermodynamics; air conditioning and comfort cooling; heating; energy management; noise and vibration; and computer aided engineering.
- Designing and delivering culturally sensitive teaching and learning for engagement, inclusion and widening participation. Routinely undertaking teaching, learning and assessment activities in the technical fields shown above, typically for groups of six to twenty military undergraduate students with diverse backgrounds and varied personal characteristics.
- Undertaking own CPD activities in the subjects and fields being taught, advising on the CPD of others and recognising defence applications and emerging vocational and learning opportunities in those fields. Providing pastoral care and technical advice for colleagues and defence learners, including reach-back support during vocational tasks and industrial attachments.
- Interpreting and updating teaching, learning and assessment documentation and institutional QA procedures, compiling academic programmes and timetabling. Contributing to UK defence capability through the design, delivery and continuous improvement of high-quality teaching and learning with Royal Engineer Clerk of Works and Military Plant Foreman students.
- Leading the design and maintenance of modernised teaching, learning and assessment in building services engineering (HVAC) engineering including advising other departments. Integrating related vocational fields during teaching and learning activities: electrical engineering; civil engineering; sustainability; facilities management; contract management; and project management.
The applicant will need to undertake a DBS check, security check and CSCS qualification. The ability to identify and contribute to third party income generation would also be an advantage, including the capacity to undertake occasional out-of-hours work and to lecture on accredited and bespoke corporate training in the fields being taught.
Salary – £41K + Excellent Benefits and Training.
Benefits include 30 days’ holidays (plus Bank hols), Contributory Pension, Healthcare etc.
Core working hours Mon – Thurs, 8-4.30; Friday 8 – 4.
MKC Training Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.