Rare opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Engineer in North Birmingham, West Midlands. 12 month contract.
Salary £38K + £3214 annual payment to cover call out rosta, which is 1 week in 5.
Our client is a global company with 47k+ employees at 350 locations. Most of the locations are factory environments. Technology is used heavily to help run the plants efficiently and ensure products are made to specification and delivered on time.
We are looking for a highly motivated Infrastructure Engineer who will work in a small IT Team specialising in Infrastructure, and will report to the Head of IT. Currently servers are located at two main manufacturing sites; the successful candidate will be responsible for driving change and modernisation of these systems to improve their efficiency and security. The IT landscape of spreads across many sites. The Infrastructure Engineer will need to liaise with other IT teams to ensure good access to systems at these locations. A close working relationship is required with the central team responsible for infrastructure. As some of the virtualisation equipment supports the Operational Technology and the running of the manufacturing plants, liaison with the engineering teams is key.
Main Tasks/Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities
Providing capacity and planning information to the Head of IT to enable strategy and expenditure forecasting recommendations to key stakeholders. The Infrastructure Engineer plays a key role in maintaining high compliance standards to central IT policies. Therefore, a key focus of the role is the security of computer systems; this includes the Process Control Networks where the stakeholders of the process systems will require technical support in advising strategy with key vendors.
The role requires a mix of technical ability, project management and deal with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
Prioritising activities with the team is required, keeping a strong focus on the key business systems.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Been educated to at least ‘A’ level standard, degree level preferred
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Experience with:
- Virtualisation technologies (VMware)
- Modern backups (Veeam) – virtual, physical, snapshots & replicas
- Storage technologies
- SharePoint / O365 / Teams
- Windows Active Directory Structure
- Windows Server/Client Technologies (RDS)
- Microsoft MECM or relevant deployment systems
- Cisco LAN equipment
- Proven experience in working within ITIL based environment in particular Incident and Problem management disciplines.
- An awareness of all risks associated with the Service Desk.
Candidate must have a record of their valid qualifications, and live within 30 minutes commute of North Birmingham, for call-out situations.