International Transport Planning Team Manager required in Dover, Kent.
Our client is a large food transport company, with over 100 sites across 16 European contries.
The Full Truck Load Planning Manager will oversee a team of 4 Planners, responsible for all aspects of international transport planning (loading, routes, deliveries etc). This is a hands-on planning role with supervisory responsibility.
As well as intensive training, employees also benefit from:
- Free onsite parking
- Free Tea/Coffee refreshments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Company Sick Pay
- Relaxed Working Environment
- Recruitment Referral Bonus Scheme
The working hours are Monday-Friday, 0830-1730 with 1hr for lunch.
- Leading the FTL Fleet Department to ensure a high level of service to all stakeholders
- Oversee the training of new staff members to ensure they progress to the required level of expertise
- Profit & Loss responsibility
- Commercial awareness of European Export and Import pricing in order to complete UK customer and Group tenders
- Management and monitoring of Fleet performance, providing weekly reports to stakeholders
- Supervision and control of all aspects of the daily operation of the department to ensure that collection and deliveries are carried out as per customer instructions
- Extensive planning experience gained in an International Transport environment
- Self-starter and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and develop strong working relationships with all stakeholders involved
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- An ability to communicate in another European Language would be desirable but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Outlook)
- Hold a valid passport and a full driving licence able to travel in UK and Europe
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.