Human Resources Officer / Advisor required for circa 3 month interim assignment. Immediate start available.
This multi-site environment enhancement product company, has 15 locations worldwide, with its headquarters based in Knaresbrough, near Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
The HR Officer will support the Human Resources function in general HR duties.
- Deputising in the absence of the HR Manager
- Operate a complete HR administration service, producing letters / contracts as required
- Identify possible improvements to current procedures and systems
- Updating HR practices / polices / documents etc. in line with legislation to ensure they align across the group
- Manage appraisal / training processes
- Ensure that HR Best Practices are instilled within the business and advise staff on HR solutions
- Assist with employee personal development and career progression objectives
- Engage in consultation processes to enable sound employee relations
- Monitor and advise on disciplinary, grievance and appeals issues
- Produce accurate people statistics reports when required
- Maintain accurate manual and computerised employee records
- Drive diversity and equal opportunities within the business
- Maintain direct employee contact through frequent site walkabouts and employee discussions
- Additional projects and tasks deemed relevant by the HR Manager
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- CIPD qualification and/or HR degree (essential)
- Train the trainer qualifications (or equivalent) (desirable)
- Substantial post graduate experience in HR environment (essential)
- Experience working with Managers
- Experience working with multiple sites
- Relevant experience updating HR practices/polices/documents etc. in line with legislation
- Confident IT skills
- Assertive to persuade and direct Managers and colleagues
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
Note to recruitment agencies – this recruitment is under a managed service agreement – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.