Exciting opportunity for Head of Teaching and Quality Improvement to join MKC Training embedded within the world famous Royal School of Military Engineering (RSME) in Chatham, Kent.
MKC Training Services Ltd (MKC Training) is a wholly owned subsidiary of MidKent College, established in 2008 as part of an innovative public, private partnership with the Ministry of Defence. MKC Training is an outstanding expert in the design and delivery of innovative teaching, learning, assessment and training design. Supporting employers, training providers and awarding organisations to provide a stimulating environment to help individuals and organisations achieve their goals.
Over the last 10 years MKC Training has developed a deep subject specialism and knowledge across construction, engineering and the associated professional skills. This specialist expertise, experience and capability has been underpinned by our work with the RSME. Working as part of the Holdfast Training Services (HTS) consortium in a 30 year Public Private Partnership (PPP) designing, managing, delivering and assessing a wide range of high quality artisan, technical and professional training for military engineers.
You will be joining us at an exciting time of opportunity. We have an exciting future ahead of us. MKC Training has grown from small origins and is now in a position to maximise opportunities to grow, and further diversify its work.
The HTS contract provides a significant foundation for MKC Training, not only in terms of financial stability, but also the ability to develop and grow new training techniques, methodology and technologies.
You will be a leader with values, integrity, and a strong partnership ethos. The role will provide you the enviable opportunity to join a 30 year partnership, collaborating with industry and military partners. You will lead a dedicated team of quality and assurance professionals, who are passionate about the contribution they make to the Royal Engineer’s capability.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for setting and maintaining high teaching standards and leading the Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement programmes across all of MKC Training’s operations.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Providing overall leadership of the Teaching and Quality Improvement Division to ensure its assurance and improvement outputs are achieved effectively, on time and within agreed budgets
- Ensuring MKC Training meets or exceeds key external quality metrics including ISO 9001 / 14001 / 45001 / 44001; Ofsted; RSME and Army Recruiting and Initial Training Command (ARITC); Awarding Organisations; and IIP
- Ensuring the standard of teaching, learning and assessment within each programme area is evaluated in accordance with nationally recognised principles and using the outcomes of these activities to inform improvement activities where required
- Continuously improving the quality of teaching and the student / trainee experience (in partnership with other stakeholders where required)
- Leading the production of an annual, high quality Self-Assessment Report that accurately reflects the work of MKC Training and informs the subsequent Quality Improvement Plan
- Ensuring staff have the skills required to carry out their roles effectively by on-going support and CPD
- Contributing to wider company initiatives
PRINCIPAL QUALITY ASSURANCE / IMPROVEMENT DUTIES:
- Actively driving the quality of teaching through ISO 9001, Education Inspection Framework and other standards
- Guiding and supporting staff to implement appropriate process and practice to comply with ISO 9001 and Ofsted expectations
- Maintaining “up to date” knowledge and awareness of Quality Assurance / Improvement practice through appropriate media/publications and attending seminars and conferences to maintain personal awareness
- Liaising with the MidKent College Teaching, HR and Quality teams
- Highly qualified and experienced teacher, lecturer or instructor, with entrepreneurial management experience gained from the education sector
- A very high standard of written and oral English and excellent personal presentation skills, with a good level of statistical interpretation of trends
- Able to work as a member of a team and possess the ability to inspire others through collaborative working and encouragement
- Ability to take the lead and deliver innovative measures to improve the trainee/student experience
- Leading and promoting change and continuous improvement through identifying and implementing creative solutions
- Developing and delivering effective policies and programmes and engaging others to fully comply
- Solving problems and taking decisions
- Focusing on customers and service delivery across all stakeholders
- Managing work and resources to achieve high quality outcomes
- Willing to participate in self development initiatives
For a full job description and / or informal chat about this exciting and pivotal role, please contact Tim Hill on 07766 745557 or email@example.com
Closing date for applications 5th March 2021
MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer who value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this post.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.