Rare opportunity to become Head of Maintenance – Workshops and Facilities, working for MKC Training embedded within The Royal School of Military Engineering, Chatham, Kent.
This is a hands-on role, aimed at an electrician / electrical engineer with maintenance supervisory experience, to manage a small team of engineers / technicians.
Responsible to the Operations Manager for the Maintenance Department employing industrial tradesman engaged in the installation, inspection, maintenance, repair and disposal of mechanical and electrical machinery and equipment, used by students and staff in the Trade Faculties and Professional Engineering Wing for trade training. Ensuring full compliance with all Statutory Regulations, Safety Legislation and the HASW.
ONC / HNC / BTEC or equivalent plus substantial formal training (e.g. full apprenticeship) plus extensive post training experience.
IOSH Certificate Managing Safely (desirable).
- Experienced maintenance manager covering a wide range of electrical and maintenance equipment.
- Management of a team of mixed skills maintenance engineers.
- Ability to interpret drawings, layouts, specifications and manuals for training equipment.
- Management of resource planning, organise and manage new works.
- Ability to priorities work load.
- Customer and service delivery to meet conditions of MKCTS contract.
- Proficient user of asset management systems (Passport)
- Proficient user of Government Furnished Equipment maintenance management system (JAMES)
- Responsible for H&S within the Maintenance and Trade Workshops and associated spaces and equipment covering all maintenance work including Risk Assessment and Method Statements PUWER, COSHH etc.
- Manage storage racking and carry out periodic inspections of same.
Full job description available on request.
Salary – £35K – £37K + Excellent Benefits and Training.
Benefits include 30 days’ holidays (plus Bank hols), Contributory Pension, Healthcare etc.
Core working hours Mon – Thurs, 8-4.30; Friday 8 – 4.
MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.