Immediate requirement for a Group Forecasting and Demand Planning Manager for company based in Knaresborough, near Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Flexible and home working will be considered.
Our client is part of a global group who supply environment improvement products to the domestic and industrial markets. They have several sites in the UK and Europe, employ over 400 staff with a turnover of €100M+.
Reporting to the Group Supply Chain Director the Demand Planning Manager will be responsible for managing all business sales inputs and ensuring all information is correctly disseminated within the business. The role will involve frequent discussion with internal and external customers, developing a robust working relationship and excellent business understanding. The successful individual will also have a track record of change management, driving process and system standardisation as well as working with various ERP systems.
- Standardising customer demand information entry into the ERP system across the Group.
- Developing a robust S+OP system that allows the management of change and capacity reviews around the demand information
- Verifying the demand streams with customers and negotiating changes in line with business supply chain capacity
- Aligning demand and working practices within the business
- Work closely with production/distribution to ensure that capacity requirements of the demand can be met in line with Customer expectation.
- By close co-operation with the quality department ensure that returns and scrap are effectively controlled so that product availability to the customer is not compromised.
- Work closely with the supply chain team to ensure inventory optimisation across Finished Goods, Work in progress and Raw Materials, with a key focus on obsolesence management and phase in /phase out of products
- Support with the development of the supply chain team in achieving key targets
- Support in the develeopment of new ERP system deployment
- Alignment with company Health and Safety objectives
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Substantial experience in a demand planning role or similar.
- Proven experience of driving systemised improvements to logistics processes.
- Demonstrable change management experience within the Supply Chain function.
- Degree level qualified preferable, logistics/planning based
- Strong leadership credentials.
- Self-motivated and confident when taking responsibility for all areas of work.
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills.
- Proven Project management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to monitor and manage key performance indicators.
- Highly developed customer facing presentation skills.
- ERP system experience – SAP could be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to become a pivotal member of this growing business, offering excellent working conditions, salary and career prospects.