Facilities Officer required in Chatham for up to 12 month maternity cover contract.
MKC Training is a developing training provider, embedded within The Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent.
The Facilities Officer will assist the Facilities Manager in ensuring that the premises and equipment occupied or used by MKC Training, and related services and facilities, are properly recorded, maintained and serviced to the highest standard to enable the business to meet its contractual obligations and ensure that training continues as planned.
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) or Equivalent basic computer Qualification – Desirable
- Associate of British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) and working towards BIFM courses – Desirable
- 5 GCSE or equivalent standard qualification including passes in English & Maths
- Experience of working within Facilities Management
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10 and have a basic understanding of computer based programs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven history of being able to prioritise workloads
- Ability to work as part of a team and be answerable to immediate line manager and other Operations Division managers
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Proven history of dealing with external agencies/companies in order to procure goods and services
- Basic understanding of the MOD Management of Joint Deployed Inventory (MJDI)
- Previous experience with the Joint Asset Management Engineering Solutions (JAMES) system
- Use of Asset Management system
- Attention to detail, Enthusiastic attitude
- Manage small to medium scale Capital Expenditure projects, liaising with end users, contractors and managers, supervising works and accepting facilities to expected standards on behalf of the company.
- As part of a rota (1/5) Monitor follow up any MKC Training faults/requests, including providing holiday and sickness cover on the rota as required.
- Provide high quality and direct administrative support to the Facilities Manager, assisting with the completion of capital expenditure projects, taking photographic evidence, checking progress, snagging, obtaining quotes etc. This will include providing administrative holiday cover for other staff members as required.
- Manage the Lifting inspection programme ensuring the equipment remain current and serviceable by means of scheduled inspections, liaising with departments / workshops with collection and return of equipment etc. as required.
- Procure items as required by means of the issued GPC Card, including spreadsheet management of credit card accounting, liaising directly with external agencies to procure items of miscellaneous equipment and/ or furniture items, maintaining an accurate record of replacement and/ or new GFE assets. This includes ordering stationery items as required for the Facilities department.
- Undertake visits to departments to deal with facilities issues and complete annual asset audits, carrying out varying levels of manual handling tasks throughout as required and co-ordinate the requests for the services of the site Porter service via the Service Support Desk (SSD).
- Provide vehicle escorts to companies arriving on site with deliveries for the Department.
- Assisting in the management of the environmental spreadsheet, inputting meter readings, paper usage etc., maintaining records relating to fuel usage for vehicles and equipment when required and co-ordinate the collection of secure shredding and monitor the environmental impact.
- Travel between sites as required by means of a private or company vehicle.
Our client, MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training Services Ltd follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.