A rare opportunity for an experienced construction Engineering Surveyor to become a Trainer / Instructor at the long established, ambitious construction college, MKC Training at The Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent. MKC Training have a strong and successful contract and offer excellent job security.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed individual to train military students in the Engineering surveying profession. You will need to have strong communication skills, want to train others, be IT literate and prepared to extend your own skills and knowledge. Teaching experience is a benefit but not essential as teacher training will be provided for the right candidate moving from industry.
He or she will demonstrate the aptitude and ability to develop and refine training systems to bespoke requirements.
Essential – Engineering Surveyor Trainer:
- HNC / Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering or land surveying subject area.
- Substantial professional experience relevant to engineering surveying.
- Knowledge and experience of Leica hardware and software (or similar e.g. Trimble, Topcon, Nikon etc).
- Ability to motivate and encourage students, teaching engineering surveying techniques to others (e.g. to apprentices, trainees etc).
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge and experience of quality assurance and improvement.
- Knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation and requirement / Ability to promote safeguarding and welfare of young people that s/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with.
- Willingness to study for teaching qualification (supported by the client) within 3 years of contract commencement.
- Knowledge/experience of Road design
- Knowledge/experience of LiDAR and scanning
- Knowledge/experience of photogrammetry
- Knowledge/experience of hydrography
- Course tutoring
- Teaching qualification level 5 e.g. DTLLS / PGCE / PGCHE / DET or equivalent.
- CInstCES or RICS membership
- Assessment Qualification (A1 or equivalent)
- Quality Assurance Qualification (V1 or equivalent).
- Knowledge & experience of e-learning and e-assessment tools.
Benefits include 30 days holidays (plus Bank hols), Contributory Pension, Healthcare etc.
Working hours Mon – Fri, 8-4.30.
MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity in our people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this post.