We are looking for a Part-time Engineering Administrator to join the Engineering Department or a very successful manufacturing company, based in North Birmingham. The ideal candidate will be highly organised as they will be working with a wide variety of people, providing a support role to the operations planning and scheduling function, and will enjoy the benefits of developing systems and implementing administration procedures. Experience gained in a similar role would be an essential attribute of the successful candidate.
The role is based on 22.5 hours over a 5 day/week and is largely computer based with emphasis on SAP and MS Office
Monday to Friday 09:30 – 14:00, with an element of flexibility with the hours.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Engineering Administrator your duties and responsibilities would include:
- Using SAP Planned Maintenance, SAP Materials Management and other software packages as required.
- Creation and management of Purchase Orders including goods receipting and invoicing queries
- Creation and distribution of Maintenance Reports
- Assisting in the creation and management of stock items and BOMs.
- Assisting with the production of shut down information and its distribution
- Assisting in the setting up of new suppliers
- Assisting in the management of open work orders
- Filing of documents and certification
- Assisting HR with maintaining and keeping accurate records of the department training programmes and records.
- Any other administration assistance required by the Team when asked to perform a reasonable request.
The successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grades A-C including English and Maths, which must be presented at interview stage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build a positive relationship at all levels with all types of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to understand and develop business processes
- Good IT literacy – SAP systems ideally Planned Maintenance and Materials Handling, and MS Office
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Able to prioritise own work schedule
- Systems orientated with a focus on detail
- A keen, motivated self-starter
- A passion for quality and continuous improvement
- Ability to work well within a team
- Willingness to adapt to a changing role
- A commitment to self-development
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave
- A Company Stakeholder Pension Scheme is available which the Company contributes to.
- Flexible work life balance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.