A rare opportunity for an experienced Vehicle / Engine Technician to become a Trainer with MKC Training, based at the long established, world famous Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent. MKC Training have a long and successful contract with the military, offering excellent job security and prospects.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed individual to train military students in Engine technology. You will need to have strong communication skills, want to train others, be IT literate and prepared to extend your own skills and knowledge. Teaching experience is a benefit but not essential as teacher training will be provided for the right candidate moving from industry.
He or she will demonstrate the aptitude and ability to develop and refine training systems to bespoke requirements.
- Qualification in relevant vehicle / engine subject area
- Substantial professional experience working on engines
- Compression ignition and spark ignition engines, including engine construction and associated systems
- Workshop practices and procedures for the repair and maintenance of engines and mechanical components
- Automotive electrical and electronic systems including CANBUS and common rail, including fault-finding processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience of quality assurance and improvement
- Awareness of relevant safeguarding legislation and requirement / ability to promote safeguarding and welfare of young people that s/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with
- Willingness to study for teaching qualification (supported by the client) within 3 years of contract commencement
- Hydraulic systems including repair and fault finding
- Centrifugal and PD pump operation and maintenance
- Industrial and mobile Pneumatic systems
- Heavy engines and Power Station operation and maintenance
- Hybrid and Electric vehicles
- Formal teaching / mentoring of trainees
- Teaching qualification level 5 e.g. DTLLS / PGCE / PGCHE / DET or equivalent
- Assessment qualification (TAQA / A1 or equivalent)
- IQA / Internal Verifier qualification
- Knowledge & experience of e-learning and e-assessment tools
Benefits include 30 days holidays (plus Bank hols), Contributory Pension, Healthcare etc.
Working hours Mon – Fri, 8-4.30.
MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity in our people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training require an enhanced DBS disclosure for this post.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.