Electrician Instructor Team Leader / Department Manager – Electrical Installations required for MKC Training, contracted to the Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent. This is a great opportunity to manage a department of Instructors, passing on electrical skills to military students, who are keen to learn.
The successful candidate will need to have supervised / managed and motivated staff, hold a teaching qualification (or happy to study towards one), along with a combination of the following:
- C&G 236 Pt 1&2 / 2330 / 2365 or 2357
- C&G 2391
- A1 Assessor
- V1 Quality Assurance
The Electrical Instructors, and the Team Leader will teach subjects to include:
– Domestic and Commercial electrical installations – Mainly single phase, with some 3 phase
– 1st Fix, Conduit, Tray work, Single Core, Multi Core
– Inspection, Testing and Commissioning
– Power Production and Distribution
- Support the Faculty Manager by providing first-line team supervision, including the organisation of course training delivery, supervision and development of instructional teams and quality assurance of courses.
- Assist the Faculty Manager in the operational running of the programme area, supporting the strategic development of the area and taking responsibility for the Performance Development Reviews (PDR) of staff in their area.
- Deliver training within the Programme Area as required.
- Conduct research, appropriate to their grade, to enhance the development of course programmes.
All responsibilities and duties as required of a Lecturer/Instructor, plus;
- The organisation and development of course programme delivery, enrolment, timetabling, the co-ordination of course development, including the introduction of new courses and support training with timely and appropriate subject matter input.
- Provide supervision and development of course programme teams ensuring the full deployment of staff contact hours and allocation of staff to course teams, ensuring timetables are set-up and maintained.
- Provide first-line support to Faculty Manager on absence management, grievance and disciplinary cases.
- Undertake appraisal/PDR of staff in their area, including managerial observations of teaching staff to identify individual and team development needs and make appropriate recommendations to Faculty Manager.
- Actively participate and contribute to the Faculty Self-Assessment Review (SAR), Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) and monitor actions arising from Observations and Quality Review Weeks.
- Validate course reviews and undertake role of Lead Verifier and liaise with EV for the department, including regular contact with external bodies for developments and new regulations in their area.
- Implement QIP and awarding body action points.
- Organise and chair meetings as directed by the Faculty Manager, including programme area meetings to disseminate information from Faculty Manager.
- Co-ordinate open day activities within the Programme Area as required.
- Undertake teaching duties as requested and required.
- Responsibility for achieving the target pass rates for phase 2 and phase 3 respectively.
Full job description available on request.
MKCTS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. They are an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin.