Senior level Electrical Engineer with large building utilities – critical systems experience required in central London.
Full-time, permanent position, fantastic benefits, Monday to Friday 9 – 5.15.
This is an operational role with the primary objective of developing and implementing optimum operations and maintenance strategy for core utilities and HV electrical systems and assets throughout the building, which houses 1500 staff. The Electrical and Utilities Engineer will work closely with the Hard FM Service Partner to develop and deliver the maintenance requirements for all areas of responsibility including the associated plant, equipment and systems to ensure that optimum lifecycle costs and reliability of critical plant and systems are achieved, and to ensure appropriate energy efficiency and sustainability measures are implemented. They must ensure that the plant and equipment is maintained and operated efficiently, reliably and safely, and remain fully compliant with the relevant standards.
- Minimum HNC / Degree or equivalent qualified in electrical engineering
- Member of an appropriate Engineering institution
- Substantial industry experience in building services operations and maintenance at senior electrical engineer level working in a critical / complex environment (e.g. pharmaceutical / life science / medical / hospital etc).
- Experience of HV electrical installation, operations, and maintenance, acting as Senior Authorised Person
- Proven experience of delivering complex projects
- Experience of representing the Duty Holder for statutory regulations
- Working knowledge and experience of all relevant health and safety legislation and regulatory requirements including HASAW, EAWR, PUWER, DSEAR regulations.
- Experience in one or more regulatory and legislative environments in respect to, but not limited to, Home Office, HSE, British Standards and ACDP.
- Experienced in plant, equipment, and system design, configuration, installation, commissioning, and operations
- A detailed understanding of critical plant and systems, and corresponding maintenance strategies
- Working knowledge and experience of reliability based maintenance techniques and industry best practice
- Experience of effective utilisation of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and facilities management (CAFM) software platforms.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving skills.
- A self-starter and strong team player, flexible and able to work effectively without close supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and able to develop excellent customer/supplier working relationships.
- Knowledge of Asset management (PAS 55)
- Experience of working with high containment or animal facilities.
The main building core utilities consist of:
- Steam generation: Three 12,000Kg/hr, dual fuel steam boilers (gas/fuel oil)
- Low Temperature Hot Water: Three 2.8 MW dual fuel boilers (gas/fuel oil)
- Chilled Water System: Four 4.5 MW chiller units and 8 associated 2.5 MW cooling towers.
- CHP: 2.2 MW gas fired engine
- Standby Electrical Generators: Three 2.5 MW fuel oil generators
- MV/LV Electrical Distribution
The jobholder will work closely with the Head of Projects to define engineering standards and will act as the technical authority to ensure compliance with these. They will need a multi-disciplined approach and work to define, develop and audit the policies, standards and procedures that the engineering operations and maintenance teams work to, as well as providing trouble shooting and expert technical support.
Full Job Description available on request.
This is a unique opportunity to join the senior engineering team of a world-class organisation.