Heavy manufacturing company based in Birmingham requires a Graduate level Electrical & Instrumentation Reliability Technician to join their professional Engineering team, working on a day shift (Mon – Fri) in a continuous 24/7 process plant. Part of a global paper recycling / packaging group, offering excellent career prospects.
Working under the Reliability Department of the engineering structure with the focus on reliability and preventative maintenance.
- Carry out preventative maintenance and reliability activities associated with the site which includes the paper machine, winder, stock prep plant, effluent treatment areas and all site services.
- Response to breakdowns that have an immediate effect on plant safety; environmental release or plant performance and the individual must work quickly towards the resolution of any immediate problems.
- Support, analysis and review of regular preventative maintenance routines, scheduled maintenance tasks and the repair of non-critical spare parts as well as responding to any breakdowns and corrective action.
- Closely involved with the preventative and predictive maintenance programme for the site plant and equipment, logging equipment parameters and defects as necessary in order to establish trends and abnormality reports that will assist in the evaluation of plant performance and machinery uptimes.
- Work closely with the Reliability Supervisor and Engineers to ensure that the preventative and predictive maintenance programme is effective in terms of content, frequencies and implementation. Evaluate corrective maintenance frequencies and scope of repairs to ensure optimum reliability of plant and the most effective use of available resources.
- Use site process computer systems and SAP to evaluate plant performance and to make recommendations on areas for improvement.
- Identify any areas for plant improvement through small projects and maintenance revenue requests and to become involved in any necessary improvements, modifications and upgrades of the electrical, instrumentation and control systems so as to optimise efficiency, reliability and safety.
- Degree qualified in relevant electrical / instrumentation / controls subject
- Process industry experience gained from placement or employment
- Receptive to further training
- Ability to apply technical and supervisory skills to deliver a quality service
- Computer literate, excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Techniques
- 08:00-16:30 with half hour break.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.