MKC Training is the training provider at the prestigious Royal School of Military Engineering, based in Chatham Kent.
They have a rare opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Instructor to teach in a professional and disciplined environment where you will find young military students eager to learn and develop their careers. This is a great opportunity to join a department of Trade Instructors, passing on electrical skills to others. You may not need formal teaching qualifications as you will be supported to gain these.
£36K – £39K + 6 weeks hols, pension, healthcare, training etc.
- Level 3 or above in Electrical Engineering with strong electrical industry experience.
- Capable of teaching electrical theory, practical maths and science to levels 3.
- Previous teaching experience, or having trained others within the work place.
An understanding of:
Power generation and distribution
Domestic and commercial electrical installations; single and 3 phase.
1st fix, conduit, tray work, single core, multi core inspection, testing and commissioning.
Power production and distribution including siting, earthing, running and maintaining.
C&G 236 Pt 1&2 / 2330 / 2365 or 2357 / 2391 or equivalent qualifications including the DAO QN: 603/2673/6 and 603/2690/6.
V1 Quality Assurance.
Key Duties and Tasks:
- Instructing and demonstrating to trainees by verbal, visual and/or other means electrical engineering and allied subjects.
- Preparing lectures and lessons, demonstrations, classwork, homework, theoretical and practical examination tests to National recognised levels such as City & Guilds, Defence Awarding Organisation, National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) and Army Department standards, to enable students to achieve approved training objectives.
- Preparing devices, diagrams and models etc for use in instruction and demonstration.
- Controlling and supervising trainees under your charge, including responsibility for their safety, discipline and quality and quantity of output.
- Maintaining the agreed records required for trainees’ assessment and any other management purposes (course reports, NVQs, trade boards etc).
- Supervising and ensuring cleanliness of classrooms, workshops and other instructional areas.
- Maintaining suitable and current knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Participating in the classroom observation and appraisal scheme as required.
MKC Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. They are an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, disabilities, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.