Electrical Design Engineer – Residential / Building Services required in Knaresborough, near Leeds in North Yorkshire.
You will be working for a well funded innovative and dynamic modular housing manufacturer, at the very sharp-end of modern building technology, which is growing rapidly, offering excellent career prospects. This is a newly created role.
Salary Negotiable – Benefits include Bonus, Private Healthcare, Pension, Sick Pay, Relocation assistance (where applicable).
- Electrical Design Engineer ideally with residential electrical design experience
- Degree or equivalent in Building Services Engineering or equivalent
- REVIT drafting software, or similar AutoDesk package
- Extensive experience in domestic building services, with a specialism in electrical systems
- Experience of the design and implementation of renewable technologies (e.g. solar)
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Building Regulations.
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Experience within Offsite and Modern Methods of Construction.
Working as part of a multi-disciplined design team, the Electrical Design Engineer will perform a variety of design and drafting activities, including preparing and updating the product 3D models, preparing assembly and manufacturing drawings in an appropriate 2D format, maintaining part and component hierarchies, to maximise the flexibility of the design and to deal effectively with the increasing requirement for product variety and variations.
Ensure the requirements of the concept design and co-ordinated model are met and that the products, components and parts designed in the manufacturing design model and drawings meet the design requirements and are understood by the production team to enable efficient
manufacturing and assembly.
The M&E Design Engineer will also play a pivotal role in the Engineering Change Request system, as the product design evolves, maintaining the physical and digital records of both the base designs, the variants and the ‘as built’ records.
- Liaise with internal and external customers, statutory bodies and design consultants to ensure smooth delivery of the project through to the final stages of design and manufacture.
- Assist on the new product design process to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants and internal design team members.
- Provide expert technical advice, maintaining consistent link to the factory teams, end users, clients and statutory bodies.
- Identify and manage risks identifying design solutions to eliminate, reduce or control risks during the assembly and delivery of the product.
- Participate actively in design team meetings.
- Comply with the processes stipulated under the company’s Quality Assurance Processes, liaising positively with all relevant bodies as required.
- Work with internal and external designers to discharge any conditions or approvals.
- Provide information and support to achieve/maintain NHBC, NICEIC, Gas Safe Registration, or other accreditation scheme compliance.
- Liaise with a variety of specialist subcontractors.
- Where required, manage a small team of Design Technicians.
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with ilke Homes BIM Protocols
- To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
- Be open to operating effectively and efficiently in a variety of environments, including factory, site or home-based working.
If you would like to apply or find out more about the company and opportunity, please contact Tim Hill at Technical Placements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.