Exciting opportunity to become Divisional Manager and lead the Professional Engineering Wing (PEW) of MKC Training embedded within the world famous Royal School of Military Engineering (RSME) in Chatham, Kent.
The Professional Engineering Wing delivers teaching up to MSc and BEng level in the following subject areas:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Contracts Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Project, Programme, Risk Management and Health and Safety
- Applied Mathematics and Engineering Science
- Electronics and Controls
MKC Training is a wholly owned subsidiary of MidKent College, established in 2008 as part of an innovative public, private partnership with the Ministry of Defence. MKC Training is an outstanding expert in the design and delivery of innovative teaching, learning, assessment and training design. Supporting employers, training providers and awarding organisations to provide a stimulating environment to help individuals and organisations achieve their goals.
Over the last 10 years MKC Training has developed a deep subject specialism and knowledge across construction, engineering and the associated professional skills. This specialist expertise, experience and capability has been underpinned by their work with the RSME. Working as part of the Holdfast Training Services (HTS) consortium in a 30 year Public Private Partnership (PPP) designing, managing, delivering and assessing a wide range of high quality artisan, technical and professional training for military engineers.
The Divisional Manager will provide strategic and operational management of the Division. They will have responsibility for the quality of teaching and the maintenance of academic standards. They will lead their team of 30 staff in the continual development and improvement of the existing courses, as well as the development and implementation of new courses and products.
Strategically, the Divisional Manager will drive the MKC Training vision by ensuring that the PEW team supports the following objectives:
- to be a trusted design and delivery partner for the Royal School of Military Engineering (RSME)
- to drive innovation through their training design and delivery
- to support the growth aspirations of MKC Training
The Divisional Manager will line manage senior lecturers, lecturers, and support staff to ensure that the PEW curricula are appropriately resourced, within agreed budgetary limits. They will ensure the Division is managed effectively, efficiently, and in accordance with appropriate professional standards. The overarching objective is to provide every student with the greatest chance of successfully completing their course. This is demonstrated through KPI’s monitoring satisfaction levels in student surveys, and overall course pass rates.
They will ensure a partnering culture across all RSME stakeholders with a particular focus on working closely with PEW military personnel.
In addition to their management responsibilities the Divisional Manager will teach in one of the disciplines outlined above.
Essential Person Requirements:
- Degree Level Qualification
- Teaching Qualification
- Relevant Professional Qualification / Membership
- Management Qualification or Higher Degree
- Strong Leadership, Influential and Decision Making skills
- Entrepreneurial Focus
- Analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Departmental Management and Financial / Budgetary experience
- Experienced teacher / trainer – Teaching in a relevant subject area in a classroom or workshop setting to BEng / MSc level
- Development and improvement of courses, curriculum and services
- Management, Mentoring and/or coaching staff
- Quality assurance & improvement
- Assessment tools
- Experience using a range of IT and Microsoft packages
For a full job description and / or informal chat about this exciting and pivotal role, please contact Tim Hill on 07766 745557 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.