Rare opportunity for a Bricklayer Construction Workshop Labourer to work at The Royal School of Military Engineering training college in Chatham, Kent.
The RSME teaches military students construction trade skills.
The Workshop Labourer will;
- mix up cement for the day’s bricklaying classes, assist instructors to set up the workshop
- keep the workshop area clean and tidy, monitor equipment condition / report as required
- provide support to the stores – monitor stock / condition of tools, issuing equipment, prepare parts kits
- use material handling equipment and forklift truck (training provided)
- Experience in labouring on site or within a building environment
- Good written English, numeracy and IT skills
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures including the use of safe manual handling techniques and tools to load and unload materials and supplies
- Ability to plan, organise and communicate clearly
- Ability to work flexibly and reliably with minimum supervision
- Proactively engage in Training and Continuing Professional Development
- Ability to promote safeguarding and welfare of children & young people that he/she is responsible for, or comes into contact with
- Drive a fork lift truck with training
- Able to train for Health and Safety and First Aid qualifications
- Relevant trade qualification (desirable)
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual, who is organized and efficient, and who is happy to take the initiative whilst following general guidelines. You must be happy working individually, though with regular communication with a range of people.
Monday to Friday 7.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. (early finish Fridays)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a first-class training provider, with excellent long term career prospects and benefits to include pension, private healthcare and use of on-site facilities.
Our client, MKC Training Services is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training Services Ltd follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.