West Africa bulk handling terminal construction Project Manager required.
Candidates must speak fluent English and French, and have lived / worked in a similar environment, managing workers and contractors from a mixed background.
6 month contract – possibly extendable.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on behalf of a European company, who are responsible for the construction and management of a new bulk handling port terminal, in West Africa.
- Proven track record of delivering similar types of projects in foreign locations
- Fluent French
- Good educational background, in engineering or project management
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Good time management/organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project management qualifications such as PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Ensure alignment of project timetable with other stakeholders responsible for shipping operations and transport delivery
- Coordinate execution of the project with all stakeholders to ensure they do not affect each other’s progress
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties, contractors, engineers, vendors to ensure on time/on budget and as per specification delivery of project.
- Ensure that all project components are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasability
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and provide regular reports to Board of Directors as agreed with them.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Hold regular review meetings with all stakeholders to assess progress of the project and agree appropriate actions where necessary to ensure project delivery on time.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management as appropriate to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Provide regular management reports to the management as agreed between the parties