Unique opportunity for a qualified, experienced Construction Materials Tester / Ground Investigation Technician with experience, to become a Trainer at the long established, ambitious construction college, MKC Training at The Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent. MKC Training have a strong and successful contract and offer excellent job security.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed individual to train military students in:
- All disciplines of site and ground investigation related to construction
- Sampling of Construction Materials
- Geotechnical laboratory testing of Soils and Aggregates
- Quality control of construction materials including Concrete, Bitumen, Aggregates and Earthworks
- Construction design including drainage, roads and concrete
- Land Quality assessment for contamination
These disciplines will be taught to military construction requirements, facilitating student learning and achievement in and out of doors, including on-site conditions.
You will have strong communication skills, want to teach others, IT literate and prepared to extend your own skills and knowledge.
You will demonstrate technical currency and competence and will demonstrate a passion for delivering training. You will demonstrate the aptitude and ability to develop and refine training systems to bespoke requirements.
- Experience in subject relevant to Geotechnical, Construction Material Testing / Ground Investigation
- Substantial trade experience relevant to construction material testing / ground investigation
- Ability to motivate and encourage students, delivering courses and teaching techniques to others (e.g. to apprentices, trainees etc)
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge and experience of quality assurance and improvement
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation and requirements
- Ability to promote safeguarding and welfare of young people that s/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with
- Willingness to study for teaching qualification (supported by the client) within 3 years of contract commencement
- Geotechnical testing
- Contaminated land investigation and analysis
- Course tutoring
- Teaching qualification level 5 e.g. DTLLS / PGCE / PGCHE / DET
- Membership of a professional institution, such as IMO3 or ICT
- Assessment Qualification (A1 or equivalent) or commitment to achieve one
- Quality Assurance Qualification (V1 or equivalent)
- DTTT (Defence Train the Trainer) comprising Defence Instructional Techniques (DIT) or equivalent and 8 day Defence Train the Trainer Consolidation Course (DTTC)
- Knowledge & experience of e-learning and e-assessment tools.
Benefits include 30 days holidays (plus Bank hols), Contributory Pension, Healthcare etc.
Working hours Mon – Fri, 8-4.30.
MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity in our people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training requires an enhanced DBS disclosure for this post.