Excellent opportunity for an experienced Commercial Officer to identify, analyse and engage in winning new business opportunities, assisting the senior management team of a growing training provider, MKC Training based in Kent. The company is nationally acknowledged for designing and delivering world class, innovative and wide ranging learning solutions for the defence, construction and engineering sectors.
MKC Training is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. Candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, faith or belief, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or age.
Their core values are;
- Commitment to learner success
- Investment in People
- Collaboration through partnership to achieve shared goals
- Innovation to prepare for tomorrow
Commercial Officer – Responsibilities:
- Identify and analyse new business opportunities, both internal and external
- Provide a commercial lead into tender bids, business cases, quotations and associated documents (EOI, RFI, PQQ etc) and support the bid process
- Coordinate external bid support staff and subject matter experts where required
- Read, understand, interpret and summarise tender and contract documents
- Provide financial and other analysis on new business opportunities, including frameworks to support the planning and decision making of MKC Training Senior Management and project leads
- Maintain registers of tender opportunities, potential bid partners and contract staff who could assist with new opportunities
- Negotiate contractual arrangements with prospective customers and suppliers
- Conduct background research on commercial opportunities, competitors and tendering arrangements
- Provide commercial support to the Commercial Director, Commercial Manager and Business Development Manager
- Manage membership of trade bodies and tendering portals
- Monitor tendering portals for opportunities and help to maintain CRM records
- Actively contribute to meetings both within MKC Training and with existing and potential customers Identify ways in which commercial processes can be streamlined and improved
- Provide cover to other commercial work as required and directed by senior management
- Assist management in the delivery of strategic objectives
Requirements for Commercial Officer Role
- Knowledge and experience of defence and/or wider UK government commercial processes
- Relevant Business and / or Commercial qualification / membership (e.g. BA Hons degree in Management) or working towards one
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly Numerate with experience of financial / business analysis and presentation of reports and data to senior management
- Good interpersonal skills, good communicator with strong relationship building
- Intermediate / Advanced MS Office qualification and experience of regular spreadsheet work
- Sound understanding of MS Word, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to analyse information – able to gather, process, and use information for understanding, decision making, further analysis, forecasting and action
- Experience of working on financial analysis for projects and/or tender bids
- Knowledge and experience of commercial business processes
- Ability to understand financial reports and statistics, conducting investment appraisals and produce financial models
- Previous experience in a complex public organisation or in a multiple stakeholder working environment
The role will provide a competitive salary of £42 – 45K pa, plus excellent benefits to include Healthcare, Pension and 30 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays).
This is an excellent opportunity to become a pivotal member of the team that will help determine the future growth of the business.
Full Job Description is available on request.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.