Graduate / Commercial Management Trainee required for waste management recycling plant in Glasgow.
One of the world’s largest packaging and paper companies in the world with a £13bn revenue operating globally in 34 countries with 45,000 employees, are looking for a Commercial Manager Trainee.
The ideal person will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant subject such as Waste Management, Business & Commercial Management, Manufacturing or Logistics.
Great Salary, plus excellent training, benefits and career prospects.
The role will initially focus on commercial / sales of services of paper recycling management, but has the potential to move into other areas of operations.
- Support Commercial Manager in Sourcing material suppliers from retail, commercial, Industrial and local authorities.
- Support CM to Manage / consolidate / Maximise the full business potential from the existing supplier base.
- Support CM Analysis and reporting of all supply lines in relation to profit, quality and compliance to mill specifications.
- Support GM in all Commercial functions at Glasgow during (CM) Maternity leave.
- Flexibility to regularly work between Glasgow and Blackburn (Lancashire) Recycling operations supporting both operations and supporting CM’s from both locations, which would include nights away.
- Increase market share of Glasgow site through extensive prospecting within designated catchment areas, with a focus on loose / skip collections.
- Manage and consolidate existing supplier base.
- Network within Waste and Recycling industry to develop partnership opportunities.
- Work closely with CM/GM to ensure profitable supply source.
- Manage quality and potential claims.
- Represent the company with suppliers of all sizes.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Be able to manage the process including lead generation through prospecting, managing that pipeline and achieving designated growth targets.
- Self-motived and positive attitude, excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A passion and enthusiasm for recycling that delivers solutions for the supplier and offers the company unique market position.
- Valid driving licence.
- Computer literate
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking a management career within industrial waste management and recycling.