Commercial & Finance Officer ( Financial Accountant ), with financial analysis experience required in Chatham, Kent.
Our client, MKC Training Services Ltd employs over 200 staff, providing training services to the prestigious Royal School of Military Engineering.
The Commercial & Finance Officer will support the MIS (Management Information System) and Commercial (RSME) function.
- Financial Accountancy qualification
- Intermediate / Advanced MS Office, especially Excel
- Post-qualification experience of working in a financial accountant role
- Experience of Financial analysis (including presenting analysis to senior management)
- Able to demonstrate sound financial awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand financial reports, processes and use information for understanding
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Cross-cover for the MIS and Commercial Manager and take on the role’s financial accounting responsibility in their absence.
- Month and year end journals
- Conducting financial analysis on month and year end journals, and undertake other financial analysis as and when required using spreadsheets and other analytical tools, with presentation of results to senior management
- Provide support to the MIS & Commercial Manager with regards the RSME contract change process (including maintaining any supporting accountancy records)
- Calculating Steps One and Two Contract Income Forecasts
- Act as a subject matter expert on Schedule 1 of the PPP contract
- Responsible, with the Commercial Officer, for producing PDR/JFEE/MST/TPIG quotations, liaising with the MKCTS divisions and Holdfast. This will include compiling final costs, nominal roles and training certificates for the final invoice to be raised.
- Responsible for procurement analysis and supplier price negotiation
- Point of contact for internal stakeholders for the Electronic Purchase Ordering System at RSME
- Point of contact for external companies training at RSME and for associated accrediting bodies
- Preparing training statistics
- Internal audits of stock and finance processes, and other internal audits as required
- Support to the Data Analyst to improve efficiencies within the financial processes (including spreadsheets)
This is a unique opportunity to join the finance team of a highly professional, developing business.
Excellent benefits to include Pension, Private Healthcare, Use of facilities, Early finish alternate Fridays.
Our client, MKC Training Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin.