CNC Machinists required for Aerospace manufacturing company in Consett, County Durham.
Shift position – 12 hour days and nights – See below. Candidates must be prepared to work shift patterns that are subject to change.
c£38k including Shift Premium.
Aerospace manufacturer with its headquarters in Consett, County Durham and 5 other sites employing 600+ staff. The bulk of their work is CNC manufacturing of large components for aircraft.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience of working a similar role.
- Ability to set and operate CNC milling machines.
- Utilisation of machines with FANUC controls.
- Producing parts for various industry sectors to close tolerances (microns.)
- You will ideally be apprentice trained or time served with a minimum of 5 years CNC machining experience.
- Competent to use hand held measurement tools including eight Gauges, Vernier’s, and Bore Mics.
- Manufacture of components to supplied drawings. This will encompass setting and operating multi-axis computer numerically controlled machining centres.
- Wherever possible you will be required to set and operate more than one machine tool.
- Interpret engineering drawings manufacturing components within set tolerances.
- Ensuring the quality of the parts is correct using metrology equipment.
- Ensuring production output targets are achieved.
- Liaising with management and production engineers to maximise the efficient running of the machine tools.
- Maintain a shift handover record with other shift based employees in the machine shop.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and housekeeping in the workplace.
- To be aware of health and safety legislation as it applies in the workplace.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the manufacturing team of this rapidly developing aerospace business.
4 x dayshifts (Mon – Thurs)
7 x rest days (Fri – Thurs)
3 x nightshifts (Fri – Sun)
4 x rest days (Mon – Thurs)
3 x dayshifts (Fri – Sun)
4 x nightshifts (Mon – Thurs)
3 x rest days (Fri – Sun)