Rare opportunity for Category Buyer at a heavy manufacturing / recycling mill near Maidstone.
Our client is part of a global recycling / packaging organisation, offering excellent prospects within a very successful sustainable industry.
The Category Buyer will work proactively within the UK purchasing team to identify and deliver cost savings in accordance with the Purchasing strategies including:
- Actively participate in the implementation of a category management approach
- Utilising SAP MRP to manage inventoried spare parts
- Conversion of Purchase Requestions
- Sourcing non-stock engineering parts
- Implementing service contracts as required by the business
- Using efficient stock control measures to support the central stores
- Highly motivated and proactive individual with excellent purchasing experience
- Assertive and resilient
- Experience of using SAP with a sound knowledge of MRP
- Confident negotiator
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply / CIPS level 4 or above
- Experience in a purchasing role preferably within a manufacturing or heavy engineering environment
- Moderate SAP experience within a purchasing role and with troubleshooting mentality
- Participate in the implementation of category management approach, within the purchasing team
- Convert purchase requisitions into orders in line with purchasing policy
- Support E-Catalogue roll out
- Monitor open PO report and ensure supplier OTIF performance is measured and communicated
- Manage re-order points for spare parts, investigate and liaise with Engineering to ensure correct stock quantities are maintained of suitable spares
- Support Purchasing joint mailbox enquiries to address internal purchasing requests
- Provide creative solutions and work closely with purchasing department to identify opportunities for cost reduction such as consolidated buying
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings.
- Accept additional education / training as necessary, (as a result of new equipment and/or changes in technology) in order to continue carrying out the role.
- Support the Senior Buyer with any site-specific requirements or group purchasing instructions as may be required from time to time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.