Experienced Buyer required in Bornem, Belgium.
Our client is a global manufacturer and distributor of environment improvement and hygiene products, who due to business growth, requires a Buyer based at their Bornem site, looking after Benelux activities.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer will be responsible for buying / purchasing / procurement activities in line with department objectives.
Buyer Candidate requirements:
- Strong commercial acumen
- Supply chain background with strong understanding of procurement in a product based manufacturing / distribution environment
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Demonstrable track record of cost reduction
- Ability to manipulate and interpret data
- High level of Excel knowledge
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP an advantage
- CIPS or similar purchasing qualification desirable
Responsibilities will include:
- Internal / external customer service levels
- Follow the Supplier strategy for suppliers
- Improve supplier QCD performance
- Build total market knowledge of respective categories
- Negotiate long term service agreements with suppliers
- Negotiate stock holding levels at suppliers in conjunction with sales and planning teams
- Meet and exceed target service levels
- Improve and maintain supply chain performance KPIs
- Work towards improvements in supplier performance
- Aid Cost Reduction activity and deploy various tools to drive cost reduction
- Liaise with colleagues within the Group Procurement network to maximize ideas for delivering cost reduction
- Assist the Purchasing Manager to ensure all key suppliers are correctly assessed and are fully capable of providing the required service
This is an excellent opportunity to join a developing and growing business, offering excellent working conditions, salary and career prospects.